Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a gun dealer tell me just yesterday that he has a waiting list of about 20 people wanting the LCP. Today at the gun show, I saw at least 15 of them brand new.

:blink:

So what gives?

(I'm not personally interested at this time for myself, just curious)

·
Registered
34 Posts
The guys who sell 'em at a fair price tend to have a hard time keepin' 'em. The clowns that want way over retail always have 'em available. The joke of a gunstore in my town has two in stock. Yours for only $499 each. Same store sells Hi-Point .45's for $299. :rofl:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Around here, I'm starting to see them advertised. Must mean supply is starting to keep up.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got mine for $271 + $20 S/H from thegunsource.com, but I had to wait eight months for it on backorder. I didn't want it enough to pay outrageously marked up prices.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had to wait about ten weeks for mine, earlier this year. Paid about $300 each, one for me and one for girlfriend. So far it's my favorite - goes everywhere with me. And maybe I'm a freak, but I do enjoy shooting it. Most people seem to hate shooting it.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I see them around here for $349. Academy sports has them in stock all the time...

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Had an opportunity to put a deposit/pay for one today at local gun shop..Due in in about two weeks...$335 plus tax....I think I may go back the first of the week and if it's still available, just pay for it and wait for it to come in. SIGH!!

I also looked at/held a Micro Desert Eagle. What a sweet lil pocket pistol. But at $535, I think I'll go with the LCP. JMHO

·
Registered
180 Posts
My local shop also has one in the case for $349. They're starting to show up more often now.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
One of the major Connecticut dealers had them on sale two weeks ago for $249! They sold a bunch of them!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Saw one at the store just yesterday for $319 + tax. Good little pistol for a good price IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I just got back from a small gun show locally. 150 tables. There was probably a dozen or so LCP's at around $315 average. More LCP's than Kel-Tec P3AT's.

Seems like everyone had at least 3 or 4 Taurus "The Judge", and Taurus seemed to be a prevalent brand of pistols at this show.

I was in the market for a Benchmade Stryker or Rift folding knife. There was only one Benchmade knife in the whole building. Obviously not the one I was looking for.

I spent $5 admission and $5 on some cleaning patches. Ammo was so-so.

I was going to stop on my way out and get some more Hornady TAP .223 defensive rounds for the AR-15 but I forgot. They were going for $20/box. I've got about 100 rounds so it wasn't a critical oversight. They only had one box of 9mm 115 gr. Critical Defense so I let it go since I couldn't get more than one box. Right now I have Speer Gold Dots in my XD9sc so I wasn't lacking for a decent round in my gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$260 + sounds like a great deal...hopefully I can find a deal like that in SC.

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Thx SIAFU for the link.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
not in michigan gander mountain has a lot of them

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Local shop has the LCP for 329.00+tax,P3AT or PF9 is 289.00+tax,289.00 might seem like a good price but by the time you pay shipping and transfer fees It's not much cheaper

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought mine from Whittakers in Owensboro Ky for $269 a few months back. I called when I saw it on their site to have one put back for me and the girl on the phone said he had bought a hundred of them. I ask if they were selling fast and she looked and said "well, we sold 27 yesterday". :king:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts