Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/01/18/ruger-lcr-coming-in-357-mag/

This bit of news doesn't appear to have been posted on Defensive Carry yet.

What do you guys think of the Ruger LCR chambered for the .357 Magnum.

That ought to rattle the fillings in one's teeth!

My wife and I went shooting today and tried out the Smith & Wesson Model 642 with a Tyler T-Grip. The T-Grip offered a real improvement for control but the +P 158 grain ammo was a bit of a chore to shoot. I'm not much in the mood for ultra-light .357 Magnum revolvers just now.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
I think that it will hurt if not break your wrist, if you can hold onto it! My old gun buddy's hand still hurts from shooting his little Ruger .380 LCP.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Interesting for sure. Thanks for sharing!! That will pack a wollup. Of course, that gives you the option of firing or carrying 38, 38+P, or 357 mag. Shoot the 38s and carry the 357 for SD would be an option. A little added versatility over a 38 only.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Me wanting nothing less than .357 on my side will love this is if this comes to truth! A 9mm is too small for me and the minimum I would have in my pocket for personal Defense is .38 +P

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
327 Mag would have been a far better choice.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Me wanting nothing less than .357 on my side will love this is if this comes to truth! A 9mm is too small for me and the minimum I would have in my pocket for personal Defense is .38 +P
But won't a 9mm throw a 125gr bullet at a higher velocity than a .38+p in 125gr?

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
With this new piece from Ruger, .357 Magnum beats them both.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I think it is a great leap forward.

Everyone should own one .38 snubby.

The LCR is my pick. An even more powerful .357 chambering would suit
many out there.

I'd think that they might have to lengthen the cylinder a bit?

My hope is to see the LCR line expanded into 9mm, 38 Super, and even .40 and .44 Special.
An even bigger gun the size of a GP-100 would be cool in .44 special.

Charter has long dominated the field, and S&W (ICK!) has no plans for affordable
.44 snubs.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a Taurus 606 snub (steel 6 shot with ported barrel) in 357 mag and it is a handful to shoot with mag rounds. I can only imagine what the LCR will be like to hang on to with mag fodder, because I doubt I will get one to find out. I suspect this is just an exercise like the S&W Airlights/Scandium in mag chamberings. Something to ogle in the store, or have in your arsenal to lend to unsuspecting acquaintenences who do a good imitation of Tim "Tool Man" Taylor. More Power!!!!!:aargh4:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The 340pd is lighter than the lcr and is chambered in 357 it is a blast to shoot... <- pun

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
The bigger the bang the more fun the gun. I would love to shoot this. :comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
How about an alloy-framedSP101..that would be a revolver to have!:hand5:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The masochist in me kinda wants to shoot a .357 LCR, considering the most painful firearm Ive ever shot was a Grendel .380, which was worse then a over factory load S&W500 didnt hurt near as bad at the Grendel....

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I dont mind my 340 M&P for what it is intended for. It is not a range gun to plink all day. You shoot for a group to see where it hits and drop it in your pocket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
CLARKSTON_CZ: Nice CZ in your picture posted on page 1. What model CZ is that??

I think the .357 would break your wrist, haha....or maybe after time give you pains. The round is to powerful on such a smal, light package. Hell on the heavy Ruger SP101 shooting a .357 mag is still very high in recoil..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love to try one out. I carry an LCR and the .38 + P in such a small frame takes a good deal of practice to become proficiant.
But thats half the fun.:danceban:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts