Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a new gun shop this weekend and they had one there. I could not believe how light that thing was and it felt great. Anyways the local price is about $80 higher then the gunbroker price. I ordered one off GB and it shipped today. Now the holster hunt begins. :)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
May I ask what price you paid? and congrats... I fired 5 rounds from one, and I wasn't too keen on it... just not used the kick of a .38... but I'd give it another go.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid $650 with FFL costs. I know the little light guns are not fun to shoot but in a self defense situation hopefully you will not be shooting to many. I doubt I will carry this gun and if I do it will be a backup but it just seems like a nice addition to the stable. I just can't explain it.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Very Nice wheel gun...:congrats:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I recently got one. I rented a 442 and LCR and liked the LCR trigger better and it has a pinned front sight / XS Big Dot will be available soon for it, plus it was like $40 cheaper...Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

If your looking for a pocket holster the Desantis Nemesis and Superfly work great with it.

I got it as a bug, but I have already on a couple of occasions just grabbed it and tossed it in my front pocket and ran out the door.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Congrats on the LCR purchase. My wife loves hers and she loves it even more now that she has learned how to properly grip a J-frame sized gun.

This is the video that showed my wife how to best grip the LCR:

Tiles with Categories

Watch the middle of the video.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a M85 Taurus and a Ruger LCP. I keep the M85 next to my bed but it is not +p rated. My plan is to put the LCR next to the bed. This will be my first laser so I have some training to do. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats on the LCR purchase. My wife loves hers and she loves it even more now that she has learned how to properly grip a J-frame sized gun.

Tiles with Categories

Cool. Has anyone used the snubbie grip shown in the video?

I just tried it and clearly it allows you to put a tighter grip on the gun, can't wait to try it at the range.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I paid $650 with FFL costs. I know the little light guns are not fun to shoot but in a self defense situation hopefully you will not be shooting to many. I doubt I will carry this gun and if I do it will be a backup but it just seems like a nice addition to the stable. I just can't explain it.
You got a very good price. I sell the Ruger LCR 38 SPL model with Crimson grips for $608.22 + tranfer fee, normally $30.00.

With Houge Grips, $430.35 + transfer fee.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I wanted an LCR with laser so bad when I first saw them on the Ruger website. I couldn't find one anywhere when they were first out and I ended up buying a S&W 442 because they were readily available. I still love the LCR. Ruger makes great products. Let us know how you like it when it comes in and you get a chance to carry and fire it.

I liked the revolver grip video too. Very helpful!! Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
how to best grip the LCR

Tiles with Categories

Thanks for this post. I just bought the LCR, and did not do well at the range, I am anxious to try this out. Practice firing, it feels good using his grip method.:smile:

·
Registered
83 Posts
$650 for an LCR with CT laser is a very good price. Around here they run around $740. Without the laser around $479. I plan to pick up the last one at the gun club tomorrow at the Black Friday sale :danceban:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have a M85 Taurus and a Ruger LCP. I keep the M85 next to my bed but it is not +p rated. My plan is to put the LCR next to the bed. This will be my first laser so I have some training to do. :)

My Taurus M85UL is +p rated and it is a bedside bug to my 45.

But would love to have a LCR for carry as it is lighter than the Taurus.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've seen some good deals on gunbroker. I have seen the non CT for $375 + $25 ship. Pretty sure I saw the CT for around $600 with shipping?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts