Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"If love were oil, I'd be a couple of quarts low. " Lewis Grizzard

I've always felt that with with my Ruger firearms, outside of the 10/22. Ruger semiautos, revolvers, and rifles just don't seem to get much love.

Maybe we can change that. Show us your Ruger darlings.

Here's a Super Blackhawk in 44 mag.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
Double action?
Revolver Blue Air gun Trigger Everyday carry

Big bore Double Action?

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

Auto? Single action?

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Line

Can't find the pic's of my other single action's. Will try to post latter.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Youll have to wait for my pic, haven't found one yet, a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag 4" Pic is comin any day now.

Reactions: Kilowatt3

·
Super Moderator
20,209 Posts
A bunch of Rugers live here, this is just a sampling.

First, a 77/22 in 22 LR. Barrel was shortened and rechambered by Randy at CPC, with a tightened and jeweled bolt and front sight turned down to a simple raised band. Shown here wearing a classic Weaver RV-9.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Machine gun

Next,a lightly breathed-on 10/22 built up from just a new action. Green Mountain fluted bull barrel with Bentz chamber, a bedded Sporter stock, a 2.5 lb trigger job by Brimstone, a headspaced and jeweled bolt, and a few other niceties.
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

My Single-Six is rather plain although with a 6.5" barrel it's quite the accurate shooter. Instead, here's my 22/45, with the Kingshouse grip mod to accept 1911 grips from VZ, and a Volquartsen trigger.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

And here's my newest (to me) Ruger, a Blackhawk sow's ear to silk purse rework by Gary Reeder. It came to me as the world's homeliest 6-1/2" .41 magnum and left as a slicked-up, barbecue-worthy 4-3/4" .44 Special with neat-o Mongolian stag grips. My limited photography skills don't do it justice.

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

The Rugers are mostly priced at the every-shooter level of affordability, they're rugged, and they shoot. I just can't resist given most of them a little extra love to separate them from the rest.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Stock photo; Love this gun, so fun to shoot! 22/45, was a Christmas gift from CWOUSCG ❤

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
I've got a few dozen Rugers of all sizes. Some of the more unique ones are shown here.
From left to right...

A Ruger M77 in .44 Magnum. I installed a Douglas 1/11 twist specifically to shoot subsonic 240-grain bullets. The factory barrel was to thin to thread, and it was not as accurate.

A Ruger M77 in 7.62x 39. I fabricated the barrel from a blank, using a .308 barrel with a 1/8 twist specifically to stabilize subsonic 220-grain bullets. It'll shoot any military surplus 7.62x 39 as well as hand-loaded bullets. It's one of the most accurate rifles I have. The muzzle brake is mostly used as a thread protector, but I went ahead and drilled it out to mitigate recoil when I so shoot the supers through it. It works well.

A Ruger American in .300 Blackout. It's an accurate rifle, installed on it is a rather short but effective 9mm can that I made for it. It's quiet.

Next up is the Ruger 10/22 outfitted with an Airrow barrel. It shoots an arrow about 450 FPS using a No. 6 .22 blank.
It'll hit a Skoal can at 100 yards if you know where to hold. The first two arrows I shot were launched into the woods, never to be seen again. Its pretty wicked, accurate and you can barely see the arrows for the first 50 yards or so.

I have more but they are typical. Most are threaded for silencers. I have a dozen or so Ruger pistols, MK1,2,3 and a 4.

Funny as it is, I'm not really a fan of Rugers. They work great, I just never really warmed up to them.

Wood Shotgun Hardwood Musical instrument Machine

·
Registered
695 Posts
My first Ruger was a Mk-II with the tapered barrel... I currently have a few other models...

Mk-II 11" bull barrel

Bisley Blackhawk .45LC

Redhawk .44 mag
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Mini-14
Wood Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Air gun

10/22
Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Gun barrel Bicycle part

So, I guess I have a "couple"... :)

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
First firearm I ever purchased was a Ruger Super Single Six Convertible with the 5" barrel. Bought that gun new in April, 1968 for $78 and wish I still had it. It was followed by a .357 Magnum Blackhawk with, I believe, a 6 1/2" barrel in late 1968. Then came my New Model Super Blackhawk in 1974. That one, of course, had the 7 1/2" barrel and was chambered for the .44 Magnum cartridge. Currently my two Ruger revolvers are a 1976 Security Six in stainless steel with a 4" barrel and a 1984, or is it a 1985, a stainless steel Redhawk with a 5 1/2" barrel. All of these were and are fine guns.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
Still missing one other gun. NIB LCR .357 mag.

Below: .22 L.R./.22 Mag; Bearcat from the other post; .41 Mag. Blackhawk; Super Black; Super Blackhawk Stainless/10.5" barrel

Didn't post any rifle pic's, although I have several rifles, ABOVE .22 cal. !!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine

1 - 20 of 34 Posts