Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up today, even better than I expected. A slightly smaller frame than the original Vaquero, the balance is excellent and the action extremely smooth. I expect to get a lot of use out of this baby, it's definitely a keeper. :hand10: :yup:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
That's a sweet gun there is something about that style I love.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nice choice Bart. I hope all of the input you received in your earlier thread helped in your decision. Now for some new grips!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Nice. Would like a range report on the 4/5 Vaquero. Should be a little quicker handling than old full size. I am torn about not being able to use the "Ruger & Contender" only 45 Colt rounds.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new six-shooter...:congrats: That's beautiful... :yup: :hand10:

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice choice Bart. I hope all of the input you received in your earlier thread helped in your decision. Now for some new grips!

Enjoy!
Fancy grips are nice and I planned on getting some, until I actually held the gun in my hand. The stock grips really feel good, seriously, REALLY GOOD. And yes, all of the input helped a lot in making my decision. Thanks Everyone.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have that same weapon in the .45 caliber. I won it at a sporting clay tournament along with a hand tooled holster. I will take some pics and post them.
Fun gun to shoot.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Congrats on the new six-shooter...:congrats: That's beautiful... :yup: :hand10:

Enjoy!
YEP!!!^^^^^^^^^

ps I don't think the grips are all that bad

'Because that's all the ammunition we had.'
Polk Co. Fla. Sheriff Grady Judd

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like the grips too, but the grips are one thing you can do to customize your beautiful new Vaquero.
They don't make the .44 mag any more? If they don't, that makes mine collectors.

·
Registered
431 Posts
What a sweet smoke wagon. Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Excellent acquisition! .38/.357 is probably about the most versatile caliber you can own. I used to have a Ruger Blackhawk in that caliber.

Here's my Vaquero .45 (older model). Really fun to shoot.

·
Super Moderator
22,291 Posts
Great looking revolver, congratulations. :congrats:

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent acquisition! .38/.357 is probably about the most versatile caliber you can own. I used to have a Ruger Blackhawk in that caliber.

Here's my Vaquero .45 (older model). Really fun to shoot.
Oldie but a goody, very nice. Is it the Sheriff model?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts