Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have experience with the P345, what do you say is the best method to conceal carry this gun?

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
kdailey, I don't have a 345, but like the wider 2-3 slot pancake type holsters for full size heavier guns. With a strong belt , I find this set up works best maximum comfort.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
While the P345 may not be something that all of us are fortunate enough to possess, there are a lot of guns that same size approximate and weight on the market including the ever popular Sig 220 and 1911 for instance.

Is there some difficulty presented that is unique to this gun, or is it more of an issue of general concealment difficulty due to its size, etc.?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Or is it a problem finding a maker that offers something for the 345?
Given the choice, I'd probably opt for an owb "pancake" holster riding on a new gunbelt.
Jack

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just interested in what others may use to conceal the p345. Type and brand. Good belt and hoster can get expensive, so I want to be sure I am going in right direction. I do not mind spending the money, but want to get info from people who have been there. Yes because of its size, I want to make sure it can be concealed properly and comfortably.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Going purely by my carrying of a full size, and double stacker at that (226ST) - that gun in belt ride pancake is tight to body and gives zero problems with printing.

Not only am I a non-IWB person - I really cannot imagine IWB carry of it or your 345 - because of the ''chunk'' factor! Comfort matters as well as concealability. A good leather rig on good belt - that's the prime need for most of us.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Well, I carry an XD IWB all the time and that's a fullsized gun. You guys have to remember the P345 is much slimmer and trimmer than most of the Ruger P series. It's been a while since I picked one up but it's not quite as thick as the rest of its brethren.

I don't know what to tell you other than it's a little bit of trial and error. Get yourself a good IWB or pancake style OWB holster and a decent belt and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how concealable it truly is.

Any of the makers that frequent this board are good choices. I have one on order from K&D holsters myself at this very moment.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've made both IWB and OWB style of holsters for the P345. The greatest majority are the OWB style. Here's a picture though of the most popular IWB holster (Cochise Defender) carrying a P345:

I could carry it for extended periods of time in that fashion. I'm certain any of the holster makers here on the forum could make a top quality holster and belt for you.

You might also consider posting your question over at the Ruger forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Eagle Defender from K&D for my p345. Tucks real close to the body. I had Kevin move the belt slots down a little so it would ride higher. :hand10:

Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Ron, now I must decide which is best for me, IWB or OWB. Tough Choice. Oh well, Life is Good. Kdailey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts