Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Want a Sub-COMPACT in doube action/single action.
I have a Ruger P89. It is my truck gun, and I do not carry it, as it is too large for my skinny carcass to hide. I also have a Springfield XD40-SC. I love both of these guns. I love the XD for its reliability and that it is 40cal. However, I like the safety features of the P89. That is, I can keep one in the pipe, and the hammer down. All that is needed to fire the weapon is to throw the safety off and pull the trigger (double action on the first round).

My question to you is: Is there a sub-compact semi-auto that has a double action, single action mode like the P89 (in 40 cal or larger) that any of you may like?

Thanks for your time

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome - :smilez:

I have a feeling you could do worse than consider the SIG smaller offerings. Look at 229 and 239 perhaps.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I also recommend the Sig P239. Bought mine last month and am already looking for another.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
go with the glock 27. 40 cal and is a great gun.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I like the Firestar (.45) if you can find one. Not many talk about it here, but it is not a bad gun. A major drawback is that Star makes heavy guns.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have two P-85's and they are built like tanks. Like you said, they are good guns, but a bit on the clunky and heavy side for concealed carry. Bersa makes a compact 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. While I don't own a .40 (FYI, the .40's marketed under the Firestorm name only for some reason), I have the others and they may be just what you're looking for. BTW, these are not to be confused with the Bersa 380's. They are a totally different design that's very similar to the Walther P-88. Bersa sells full size models in 9mm & .40, while they sell a compact model in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. If you want to find out more, go to Eagle Imports (the US importer) or one of the Bersa forums, like bersatalk.com.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Check out what HK has for the p2000 & sK models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts