Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has a Ruger P97 DC 45acp? How do you like it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have one. I really like it. One of my favorite guns. It's a bit heavy to carry though. It has never failed me. If you have the chance get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am picking one up tomorrow. The main reason I am getting it is it comes with 200 rounds of ammo.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
The P97 DC is one of the no longer produced Rugers that I truly lament them discontinuing. They are great guns and are as reliable as ANY high priced auto on the market. I carried one years ago when they first came out and loved it. They always seemed to be their most accurate with 230 grain loads, although the ones I had did print nicely with 185 grains as well. You can find write ups on them still if you search the web and I could never find a bad review of one. You might want to think about purchasing a Hogue Slip On Grip for you P97 because they always seemed to shift on me during firing. That is about all I can say negatively about them. Enjoy....you're getting a great gun that doesn't cost a lot for the performance it gives.

Reactions: Snub44

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...got one pokin' me in the belly right now...(AIWB)...I had it shipped down to me from a feller in NH, coincidentally...he thought it was too heavy, too...I was glad to find it!!! looking for a twin for a BUG, so if you don't like yours??? what'd yours set you back, and is it stainless??? I've got a P90, and it's a tossup which I like best...decockers are my favorite action...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes. The de cocker "freaks me out" when I use it. Lol.

So you carry yours? I want to carry mine but can't find a holster for it.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...got one pokin' me in the belly right now...(AIWB)...I had it shipped down to me from a feller in NH, coincidentally...he thought it was too heavy, too...I was glad to find it!!! looking for a twin for a BUG, so if you don't like yours??? what'd yours set you back, and is it stainless??? I've got a P90, and it's a tossup which I like best...decockers are my favorite action...
I traded my two 380's for it plus I got 200 rounds of ammo.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. The de cocker "freaks me out" when I use it. Lol.

So you carry yours? I want to carry mine but can't find a holster for it.

I have been carrying mine is a Tommy Theis holster made for a Glock 30.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah. I want to carry it. But finding a holster was the issue. Plus I am a lefty.

I traded a sigma and a Jimenez .380 for mine. Best deal I ever made. Lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah. Very true. I hated the sigma 9mm (personally). The Jimenez was ok. But cheaply made and it made me nervous to shoot it. Plus it gave me slide bite.

I love my P97. One of my favorites.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts