Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps! I have been trying to find the perfect CCW piece for me and believe me i have tried most of them, from compact 1911 /full size/commander to S&W 637,642 etc. to lcp/lcr/sr9, to kahr cw9/40,keltec P11,bersa thunder in 9mm/380,xd subcompact in 9mm,xd service in 9/40, taurus 44spl(which i liked) and i think i finally found it!!hahaha.I was always intrigue by the SP101 so today i went to the funshop to decide what really i want for christmas so I examined this Sp01 and i was impress on the balance,average weight and I always like the 357 mag caliber so here she is my 1st SP101..I already tried it with different factory loads and man it was quite impressive..anyhoodle here it is..

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Very Nice... :yup: Great Choice... :hand10: is it a 3" barrel?

·
Registered
473 Posts
They are awesome guns !! Get the Hogue replacement grip and you'll be like whoa !! I had some issues with my casings getting stuck sometimes and i dont think im the first to have that happen with the SP-101. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Hard to beat an SP101. The best stocks I have found for mine are Trausch Grips. On the SP101 I prefer them to Hogue or Pachmyr for comfort, fit, and looks and they do a good job of taking some of the slap out of magnum loads when shooting. Congratulations on getting a fine revolver.
Trausch Grips

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would love to get a GP-100 someday as a range gun. Similer to the SP-101 but with 6 rounds over 5 and a longer barrel. Congrats again the Ruger, tell us how she shoots!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Man,, Thats a really nice piece of hardware!! But couldn't help but notice,, someone scratched the serial # of it, LOL must have been cheaper that way!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Wow thats nice. The SP101 is on my short list of guns to get. Man they just feel right. I am interested in your thoughts of how it shoots. Also remember to return your daughters Disney Princess pencil before she realizes its gone.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Someday I'm gonna have to add one of those to the collection! :hand10:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great carry piece! I have one just like it. It's a tough little gun. The 3 inch barrel is so much better with magnum loads. I used to have a 2 inch S&W, but sold it and got the 3 inch Ruger.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Updated pics..

I went back to the shop and picked up some hogue grips and man it feels a lot better, i haven't shot it with the new grips but i can already tell the difference..:danceban:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just got the hogue for mine to, makes a huge difference!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice job !! Looks exactly like the one i had except mine was a 2.25".

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here's mine!

Been pocket carrying for a few years, now iwb carrying. I love that it has no sharp edges to poke me in the side!:smile:

Hey, just noticed I broke 100 posts!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice gun congrats,

just a question, not flaming, but lit looks like it was loaded when you took the pics... I would be careful about putting "anything" in the trigger while loaded....

Congrats hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice weapon. I'm sure I will need one sometime very soon. BTW, great pictures too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
point taken, i was very careful not to put pressure on the trigger..I'm might get the 2 1/2 inch soon i was just talking to one of the shops and he said he can get it for 429 so I'll go there later and finish the transaction i might have to give my taurus 617 as the down payment though, this christmas wipe my extra dinero:frown:..
Nice gun congrats,

just a question, not flaming, but lit looks like it was loaded when you took the pics... I would be careful about putting "anything" in the trigger while loaded....

Congrats hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Nice gun! I have the same one and really like it. I put a reduced power spring in mine and love the result. Cost like $8.00 and took 5 minutes to install. Has been reliable as all get out but it really lightened the double action pull.

I would like to install a night sight on the front; one day perhaps!

Merry Christmas
Gideon

1 - 20 of 87 Posts