Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have the chance to pick up a 2 3/4 inch Ruger Speed Six in stainless for around 150.00. The gun is VERY tight, with little to no blemishes on it. The BBl is clean and grips are standard Ruger grips, with fixed sights as well. I'm thinking this would make a really good last ditch gun, or offhand carry gun. It's in 357 mag as well. :biggrin:
I'd like some input from the Forum on it. The last Ruger (a security six in 4 inch blue as my first handgun purchase back in 1974) worked really well. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
If you get it, I'll pay you $160 for it! :biggrin:

I really like the Speed Six....I'd love to get one in 9mm but those are pretty rare.

They are supposed to be very heavy duty and well made guns....like practically all of the Ruger revolvers.

Congrats on the buy and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I own one, I carry it every day, I LOVE IT!!!

Mine was used by somebody for some pretty heavy carry at some point, lots of holster wear and I get the impression it was fired pretty regularly. It is still completely tight... no cylinder movement at all when it's locked up. The trigger is incredibly smooth... as smooth as any S&W I've owned in the past.

Buy it, sell every other CCW you own you won't need anything else (in my not-so-humble opinion) :) Did I mention that I love the Speed-Six?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Buy it if ya dont like it ill buy it from ya hows that

Also the Fixed Sight Six's seem to like a faster 125 Round than a 158 i have been told thats what they were sighted in with From factory my service Six shoots dead on with 125'5

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bob - how dare you even ask such a question!!! :silly:

GET IT - quick! Man is that an OK deal by sound of it - snap it up fast. If I was faced with that option and was flat broke - I'd find the cash somehow.

Hope you do get it dude and then give us some impressions.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Somebody please show me picture of one. I am thinking about getting another revolver to carry. Just something a little longer than my snubby SW 37

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No problem... here's mine:

I LOVE IT!!

Did I mention I love it?

BlueLion said:
Somebody please show me picture of one.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Can I have that for $150 too then tank ?? :banana:

J/K :smile:

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P95Carry said:

LOL.... We've had the gun on 7-day hold several times. (The stainless speed six) Heck, I even went out back and found the box for it, WITH the manual and paperwork. :biggrin:
I broke down and placed it on hold, put a hundred down on it, and guess what comes in at the end of the day.. a 2 1/4 inch SP101 in 357... NOW.. I'm really in a pickle, cuz i like both of em. I know they took the SP in for about 250.00 in trade.. BUT that Speed Six is Soooo cheap.. :biggrin: I was fooling with it before the store opened, and as a couple of guys came up to the sales floor, they were asking if it was in inventory. I told em "nope, it's waiting to be transferred" i duno though,, that SP looks good too. Guess I gotta think about this.. :biggrin: decisions, decisions :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bob - another SP will come in - so wait.

Grab this six while ya can dude - won't get that deal again in a hurry if ya don't. I would! :smile:

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll probably take the Speed Six, as it's really cheap money. I just remember my Flat top 4 inch security six I bought for 89.00 waayyyy back when. :biggrin:
I know I'm going off the Thread a wee bit here, but it seems that I keep going back to the older stuff for some reason. Do any of you find yourselves doing this? I find myself looking for similar guns and related items I bought/sold long ago. Is it old age? or just re-accurring childhood? Or what might it be? LOL :biggrin: Let's see who's doing this besides myself. :biggrin: I think it might be good food for thought on what we seem to look for, that we may have owned in the Past, and how it might help our new Forumites to get a better picture of the more senior members here :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bob - old age for me I think LOL! Nostalgia plays a part - and stuff i parted with way back does sometimes come back to haunt me.!

I have tho for a long time sought older models of Smiths in particular - as many folks do. That said I ''weakened'' a ways back and did ''put up with'' a dash 6 of 629 and 625 - cos I wanted 'em bad :wink:

By contrast tho - instance my SIG's - I do also choose new type stuff too - it all depends on the actual platform characteristics and what i am looking for.

How I wish I still had my old .22lr BSA MkII Martini target rifle - I traded that back in about 1980 for peanuts - always wanted to have that back despite no longer shooting target smallbore.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I find myself looking for guns that were made when I was a small child most of the time, and a lot of things I'd like to have some day were made before I was born. This 586 no dash for example has to be nearly as old as I am, even if it might be one from the end of that generation's production.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Add another "0" and I'll _think_ about it... maybe.

P95Carry said:

Yer both nuts... ;)

Tank ill up p95's price and give ya 175

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Sorry tank - I mean - ya gotta give points for tryin" LOL :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts