Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the Ruger SR9c compare the the CZ P07? Does the Ruger shoot as accurately? Is it as reliable? How does it stack up size wise?

Anyone have experience with both?

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Between those two; accuracy isn't about the pistol, it's about the shooter. Reliability (IMHO) is gonna' be so close (and excellent) that it's a coin flip. Size? If you've got small-to-medium sized mitts, the SR9c is very popular. It's a bigger question to determine if you prefer striker-fired or DA/SA autoloaders. I see on your post profile that you own both, which one suits YOU the best?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see on your post profile that you own both, which one suits YOU the best?
The CZ is mine, and the LCP9 is my wifes subcompact. I just recently ran across the SR9c and was curious how it stacks up against a P07.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have never fired the CZ, but I have fired the Ruger SR40c (same size and wt as the SR9-c), and just love it.

Try them both, if possible. If it's a tie, consider customer service (Ruger is absolutely great) and then there is that Made in America thingy, if that might be one of your criteria.

Good luck in choosing the right one for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my SR9C

I have never fired the CZ P07 but I carry a SR9C daily. The SR9C is absolutely great and I would recommend it as a daily concealed carry to anyone. I have about 1000 rounds through mine and have not had any issues at all. This thing has fired everything I have thrown at it, breaks down quickly and cleaning is fast and easy. The sights work great and it came with both 10 and 17 round clips, the 10 round clip has a pinky extension which is nice for someone with larger hands like myself.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
The trigger on my SR9c is unbeatable from a stock pistol. Double taps are a breeze with its short reset and minimal take up. I love the trigger, and like others I have thousands of trouble free rounds through mine.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My P07 is very accurate and went through 100rds of Blazer/Aguila ammo without any hiccups. The SR9c would have to be incredible for me to part with my CZ.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I should do a poll :biggrin2:

CZ P07

Ruger SR9c

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
How does the Ruger SR9c compare the the CZ P07? Does the Ruger shoot as accurately? Is it as reliable? How does it stack up size wise?

Anyone have experience with both?
Two very different firearms . The best thing about the Ruger (I have the SR40C) 3.5 inch barrel 10 +1 carry or 15+1. CZ P07 is probably closer in size to a glock G19 . Ruger excellent striker trigger . CZ DA/SA. ( safety or decocker)

You need. To really try both out. ( at least dry fire both)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
96 Posts
I never did get to fire the ruger sr9c but I looked at them pretty hard and handled them a number of times when making the same choice. I went with the CZ P07 and carry it every day cocked and locked. Awesome trigger. Dry firing the ruger felt quite good, yes, but the single action on the CZ shoots very well for me. Before buying, a guy at the range let me try his P-09 and my first question was: Is this really the stock trigger or did you do something to it? Again, I never shot the Ruger, maybe it's better. Try it if you can.
The reasons I selected the CZ over the ruger are:
1)Capacity. The CZ came with 15rd mags but they have 16rd factory mags available. So I'm at 16+1. I carry a spare mag with a +2 extension(17rd, 34 total). The ruger 10rd mag has the little pinky hook. The hook adds no capacity but makes the grip length about the same as the P-07 anyway. So my big hangup was if they conceal about as well, why would I choose to carry less rounds? Without the pinky hook the gun is less shootable for me. YMMV.
2)Reloads. With the short grip length of the sr9c, if I maintain a firing grip during reload, my pinky prevents the mag from dropping free. I had this problem bad with my P938. You then have to loosen and awkwardly grip the gun and/or strip the mag from the gun manually.
3) safety lever. On the ruger it is a small tic-tac sized affair way on the back and high on the frame. You could def train to use it, but the size and placement of the CZ lever made it very easy and natural for me to use.
Downsides of the P-07:
Short slide is harder to manipulate.
The detent spring for the safety got messed up somehow and I had to get them to send me a new one. Looking at that mechanism does not inspire much confidence but I have not had any issues once it was replaced. Non-issue if you use the decocker.
As was said, reliability is prob a toss up. Accuracy is going to be more a function of you than the gun. No one could possibly say which one you will shoot better. Triggers are both very good.
If you can conceal the P-07, I would not trade it in. The only gun I MIGHT trade it for would be a CZ P-01.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not trading the P07. Just curious about the Ruger SR9c.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Very wise council there Joe! :congrats:
Ruger's tiny safety would likely be a deal-breaker for me. I like cocked & locked carry.

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have never fired the CZ, but I have fired the Ruger SR40c (same size and wt as the SR9-c), and just love it.

Try them both, if possible. If it's a tie, consider customer service (Ruger is absolutely great) and then there is that Made in America thingy, if that might be one of your criteria.

Good luck in choosing the right one for you.

This ^ Ruger CS is awesome.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
CZ P07. Scary accurate. 7 yards, last 10 thru same hole. This was the first outing with this gun.
image.jpg

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Apples and oranges.
The CZ is a great but I love my SR9C.
I consider it to be a great multipurpose pistol.

The trigger is smooth and crisp feeling.
Very accurate. Has the ability to serve double duty as a great CC or Home Defense.
The short 10 rd mag for CC and I keep the extended mag in it at home that gives the full size grip.

I am not bothered by the LCI or the Mag disconnect. Both are easily removed if you wish.

The SR9C is a well made pistol and can be had at a good price.
It fits my hand better than I ever expected.
Ruger Customer Service is great too.

No issues with the SR9C. I love it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Never fired the CZ but I am a Ruger person. They just seem to fit my hand better than anything else. I liked the SR9c so much I went out and got the SR40c. Both are awesome!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts