Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called a LGS owner this afternoon, asking him if he had any Ruger SR9c's. He said he has the stainless option for $399 and a black one with DLC finish for $469.

It was closing time, so I told him I plan to drive up to see him in the morning, but I'm trying to find out what DLC is. I saw a video showing the gun, and it does look nice, but is it a better finish? My frugal soul really likes the $399 price, but I'll cough up another $70 if it's more than mere looks.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I just went to the Ruger website. They list two options for the SR9c. Brushed stainless and black nitride. I have not a clue what DLC is. I own a SR9c and it is a great pistol. I'll bet there a more knowledgeable people here who can answer this question. $399 is a good price.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right. The Ruger site doesn't give it. Web searches show the it's a specially hardened finish of stainless that Talon does, if I understand it right. I still don't know much about it and whether it is worth $70.

The regular black slides are steel alloy, so I would probably just go with stainless were that the option. I have an hour to figure out what this is.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DLC stands for "diamond like carbon." It's supposed to be the hardest finish available.

It's supposed to wear better, especially for black slides.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts