Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a couple of Nice Ruger Standard .22 Auto's off Gun Auction last week. One I got for $233 bucks and the other one, the 1970 one, for $318. I got into a little bidding war but I think it was still a good price. One is an almost brand new 1978-79, It retains at least 95% of its original blue finish and the grips are really nice, black grips, warning label one and the other, the front sight is a blued blade that is pinned fore to aft into the barrel band with a white slotted insert, which will help with sight acquisition and retains about 83% of its metal finish. It's an older 1970 Silver Eagle, no Warning Label one. It has a little bluing wear on the back strap. I stuck a LPA TPU Adjustable Rear Sight on this one. Haven't shot it yet. the other one has had about 500 rounds through it and hasn't missed a beat yet! It shoots a tad low. Will leave the sights as they are! Neat old guns.....Anyone ever see a front sight like this before?
DSCN7683a.jpg , DSCN7684a.jpg , DSCN2378a.jpg , DSCN7685q.jpg , DSCN7686a.jpg

Neat old Pistols. The one with the warning label on it, I left it as it was. It's really to nice to shoot! The other one has some bluing wear on the back strap of the grip. Nothing a little cold Blue wont take care of. Holster is from Ebay. WWII GERMAN LUGER P08 Hardshell BROWN LEATHER HOLSTER w. Takedown TOOL - Repro! Works great, holds two Ruger 10 round mags!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...I+GERMAN+LUGER+P08+Hardshell+holster&_sacat=0 I have used this seller with no problems, "Fabricators." Holster came in about a week! Comes from India!

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Nice! I have a MKII from about '83 and love it. Matter of fact my nephew got one after shooting mine and Sister got a 22/45 Lite because she liked shooting my MKII.

Love the holster. What can you tell us about that?

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Congrats! The Mark I was a great little pistol! The only downsides to them IMO is they can be pretty tricky to take apart and the the sights are very rudimentary for such an accurate gun. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Great little guns. I have one as well. If the fixed sights are shooting low, you can simply file off some of the front sight until you are at point of aim and then cold blue.

I'm actually not a fan of the new Mk IV - I kind of like the way the older Rugers disassembled.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My son and I bought a stainless steel MKII in 1990. He has it now. Other then being tricky to dissemble, it has been an outstanding pistol. Many thousands of rounds have been fired from that gun and each shot was more fun then the previous one. A lot of quality father/son time was spent with that MKII.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
That's my FIRST new pistol (circa 1969). Seems like $55 if memory serves. It spoiled me as, at 12, I (mistakenly) believed ANY .22 autoloading pistol would shoot EVERY brand & type of .22 LR ammo. Then I bought a new High Standard Victor. I initially though there was something WRONG with it, as it choked on everything exCEPT ...Eley 10X. My "lawn mowing" ammo budget got pretty-badly dented. :blink:

Great pistols, Well Bought! :congrats:

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congrats! The Mark I was a great little pistol! The only downsides to them IMO is they can be pretty tricky to take apart and the the sights are very rudimentary for such an accurate gun. Enjoy!
Not necessarily rudimentary! I have a Mk I with target sights. And the rudimentary ones work pretty well too, actually :)

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Not necessarily rudimentary! I have a Mk I with target sights. And the rudimentary ones work pretty well too, actually :)
I was referring to the Mark I standard. The standard model sights are very rudimentary for such a capable and accurate little pistol. I had a Mark I target model w/ 6 7/8" bbl that was very accurate!:smile:

Reactions: ghost tracker
1 - 8 of 8 Posts