Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of you Sig shooters can fill me in here.

I hear a tale SIG is going to take a 220 frame and a 245 slide and put them together for what is effectively a commander sized 220.

I admit, I'd like to see that come onto the market. I wouldn't be the first in line by any means, but I've always told myself I'll get a 220 one day but I'd like that better I think.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not heard that myself Euc but yeah - just could be an attractive proposition. I wonder whether Class3 has the skinny on this - maybe he can comment.

Mind you, liking large personally - I do relish the 220 (thx gary :smile:)

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great link! I am much more interested in the single action 220 with the frame mounted safety!! :hand9:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Single action 220? Like a cocked and locked 220?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Looks to be a LARGE gun. I wonder how well it will conceal? Speaking of SIG, I ordered a .357 SIG barrel for my CZ-40P from Bar-Sto today. They are making a limited run of the barrels, that will fit the 40P/40B. They are drop in's, allowing the owner to fire either 40 S&W or .357 SIG from the same gun by simply swapping the barrel. They run about $200. Not cheap, but a LOT cheaper than a new gun. The run will stop NLT Christmas and it may be a one time only event. They will begin shipping before Christmas if they finish all orders by then and after the first of the year if things slow down or there are any last minute orders placed.

If anyone here is interested, they need to contact Bar-Sto ASAP!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Sig's lost me personally on these newer guns.

I have no interest in DAO or SAO Sigs whatsoever. They're just not what I like about the existing platform.

If I want SAO, I can pull out one of my BHPs. If I want DAO, well, I'll get my head examined as I've been replaced by a pod person.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The gun you ask about is being made for the Chicago PD, no word on public sales yet. As far as a single action 220, SIG has been coming out with several new guns on the X5 platform (a single action 226 for shooting sports) the latest of these is the 226 X5 Tactical, which is a single action 226 with an alloy frame and fixed sights. I am hopeing, and it has been romured, that there will be a 220X5, maybe a tactical version as well. I will be buying one it that is the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts