Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw a thread here on a run on guns and ammo, someone who worked in a gun shop or in the gun department somewhere. If here, sorry to not include it in your thread. If not here, Facebook.

Anywho, I was at Bass Pro today and lots of people were looking at guns and buying ammo. I won't say I haven't seen worse, but lots of empty shelf space. I have enough of what I use, but ordered another 100 rounds of defensive ammo online. They don't stock it locally. There was still a good variety, but if you want a specific ammo, hit or miss, and the most popular of course is gone. But you can substitute a different brand or load. From what I know about what ammo is where, the big 'run' is on .22, .380, 9mm, and .223/5.56.

While I don't subscribe to the panic, prudence says to make sure you have a small stockpile. Like one meme talked about, the city folk are saying if they can't find it in the city, they'll go to the rural areas and take it from people, the same people to have arguments about what gun to carry in the truck. :rofl:

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
I thought I saw a thread here on a run on guns and ammo, someone who worked in a gun shop or in the gun department somewhere. If here, sorry to not include it in your thread. If not here, Facebook.

Anywho, I was at Bass Pro today and lots of people were looking at guns and buying ammo. I won't say I haven't seen worse, but lots of empty shelf space. I have enough of what I use, but ordered another 100 rounds of defensive ammo online. They don't stock it locally. There was still a good variety, but if you want a specific ammo, hit or miss, and the most popular of course is gone. But you can substitute a different brand or load. From what I know about what ammo is where, the big 'run' is on .22, .380, 9mm, and .223/5.56.

While I don't subscribe to the panic, prudence says to make sure you have a small stockpile. Like one meme talked about, the city folk are saying if they can't find it in the city, they'll go to the rural areas and take it from people, the same people to have arguments about what gun to carry in the truck. :rofl:
I'm at Kittery Trading Post in Maine.......We had a 3-day run on Guns and ammo.... This past Friday Saturday and today (sunday) I'm sure, Monday will be NO different... Been seeing a uptick in sales the past 3 weekends.... with this past weekend being the worst....
Hell, Maybe it was because I was joking with customers "If you buy a gun, OR ammo, we'll include a roll of Toilet paper" Maybe that's why we ran out of Ammo!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

Anywho, I was at Bass Pro today and lots of people were looking at guns and buying ammo. I won't say I haven't seen worse, but lots of empty shelf space. I have enough of what I use, but ordered another ̶1̶0̶0̶ 1,000 rounds of defensive ammo online. They don't stock it locally. There was still a good variety, but if you want a specific ammo, hit or miss, and the most popular of course is gone. But you can substitute a different brand or load. From what I know about what ammo is where, the big 'run' is on .22, .380, 9mm, and .223/5.56.

While I don't subscribe to the panic, prudence says to make sure you have a ̶s̶m̶a̶l̶l̶ large stockpile. Like one meme talked about, the city folk are saying if they can't find it in the city, they'll go to the rural areas and ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ die, the same people to have arguments about what gun to carry in the truck. :rofl:
FIFY.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We also just had a 1,000 booth gun show in town, taking the pressure off the gun stores. Me? I just topped off my supply. Still, the customers were pretty serious about getting ammo.

I'd also be concerned about the people buying because they are freaking out, buying anything they can get their hands on. No testing, no research. What kind of gun owner will they be? If I had something I was looking to buy in say a month or so, I'd probably scarf it up right now if I found it, but panic buying? Nope. If I can locate a 4 pack of toilet paper for the house I'm working on, I probably should pick it up.

EDIT: I DID just order a +2 Magguts for my carry. This makes two +2 and one +1 magazines for my carry. With people fighting over toilet paper (a coworker saw it Saturday), I'm bumping up my purchase.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
If you always stay stocked on ammo, you do not need to panic buy and just pick up when there is a good sale.
I just did an inventory Saturday, and I am good to go.
I may just limit rounds fired at the range next few visits as to keep stock up.
Shoot just enough to keep my timing up, postpone the fun shooting for a while

·
Registered
34,057 Posts
I did all my panic buying the day before Hillary got elected.
She convinced me to buy an AR when I'd never given it much consideration prior.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,810 Posts
Long term, I believe such panics are good for good for gun rights, particularly when former antis and sheep become first-time gun owners. Governments show their hands, people see supermarket aisles and LGSs devoid of inventories and pragmatism makes believers of former idealists.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Its times like this that its great to be a realoader.

·
Registered
508 Posts
London ran a news story on their TV from LA, showing a gun store with a line around the block. Of course that is not representative of the majority of the country, but it makes us look like crazies.

·
Premium Member
33,810 Posts
London ran a news story on their TV from LA, showing a gun store with a line around the block. Of course that is not representative of the majority of the country, but it makes us look like crazies.
Better to be in line around the block than in London.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts