Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the fun range sunday,shooting my 22 and started getting several Failures to Fire,Never had problems with the ammo before,so I field stripped the gun and wiggled firing pin back and forth to make sure it was moving.I shot some breakfree on the firing pin and reassembled,inserted amag and as I pointed down range released the slide and the gun fired :gah: .I unloaded the gun and field stripped it again,the firing pin had broken and when I was moving it must have wedged it past the bolt face causing a slam fire.The gun has over 20,000 rounds thru it without any problems til now.Had I not observed the safety rules it could have been bad.$10.00 in parts and it will be up and running again

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Good muzzle awareness! I had a S&W 22A.....won it in a drawing and never fired a shot before I traded it off for something else. In a way, I wish I had a 22lr pistol now. 20k rounds! Wow!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Good the thing you were following procedures.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
my 22a is my favorite range gun...just a barrel of accurate and inexpensive fun...i let a couple of kids from the table next to me fire it the other day and they went crazy over it...

·
Registered
830 Posts
ahh the joys of a .22! my mark III is no where near 20k rounds only about 3-5k. not bad for only having it a year and a couple months. good luck getting your gun up and running agian. happy shooting

·
Registered
114 Posts
Shows the importance of good safety habits. Very well done and point well made (no pun intended). KUDOS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts