Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a gun store the other day and picked up a Smith&Wesson 431 Airweight(?) revolver. It is only about 12oz. and is a 6-shot of .32H&R Magnum. Something about that little guy said "buy me!-take me home!". It felt wonderful in my hand and having read up on the ballistics of that round, I think it would be a great BUG.
Any of you have any experience with this gun good or bad? At $425.00 I'd like to know as much as possible about it before I buy it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Talking my language

I have a 432 and two 431's, shows you how much I like them. My wife hijacked the 432 so I had to get a 431 because that was the only style left. They are no longer catalogued, but distributors may have some left.
Okay, ammo is pricey, usually around $12.00 per box of 20 rounds.
.32 longs are pricey too, but cost per round is lower. Recoil in the magnum loading is pleasant yet surprisingly a little more than you expect. Fun factor is very high. Accuracy is excellent and it is a great ankle, pocket, and all around nice gun. I ditched the rubber grips and put on old set of S&W wood grips with a Tyler T Grip.

Now, I paid roughly $359.00 here in NC. The last 431 I got I traded even a used glock 19. Not much financial sense huh?

I hope this helps you. Respectfully John

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a Ruger in 32 HR. I think it is a great round- sort of like the 28 gauge shotshell, it performs better than it should, if you know what I mean. I have found cheaper ammo, especially cowboy stuff ( downloaded, 90 -95 grs), for plinking and fun. Marlin chambered a lever action rifle for 32 HR, and it has been fairly popular I believe. The federal stuff in jhp is very good. I think it is usable as a primary carry piece.
God Bless

1 - 3 of 3 Posts