·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What say you ?

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I have both - but I carry the model 60 in .38, which is essentially the 36. IWB/OWB - Model 36. Pocket - Model 637 only because it's lighter.

If I could only have on - Model 36

·
Super Moderator
18,842 Posts
I like the weight of the steel-frame Model 36 best. I've gone off aluminum alloy and lightweight frames.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I carry the heavy gun AIWB. I carry the light gun in a pocket as backup. Extra ammo is in another pocket.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Got a soft spot for the M-36. Mine is 30 years old, the blue worn from all the carrying. It was my 2nd for many years and was with me on two of my OD incidents, one of which I had to shoot. Its always worked and the 158 +P LHPs worked too. Its the one wheelgun I still occasionally carry, its weight a plus I believe. Tho I do think my next wheel gun will be a LW Titanium snub. I think the M-36 is the best snubbie ever made.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...the steel/stainless models balance better and absorb recoil better...I don't buy alloy framed snubs
...I second Easy8's suggestion to carry the SP101...the 2+" is only a half inch longer and a few ounces heavier than the 2" steel Smith, and it's much kinder to the shooter's hand...if you could fire one before deciding, I think it'd sell itself...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts