Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,262 Posts
Bet that one felt especially familiar when putting it through it's paces.

Your videos are always appreciated.

Reactions: hrfunk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I enjoyed your thorough review of the S&W Model 5943 SSV. I learned a few things about that model and I'm a big fan of the DAO S&W Gen3 semi-autos.

Coincidentally, I almost bid on a 5943 SSV around the end of January or the first part of February. The gun was being offered by a seller in Wisconsin and mislabeled as a factory-new 5947 SSV with a start bid price over the original MSRP ($690). I'm leery of auction listings that are mislabeled so I passed.

It must be a joy to be reunited with a firearm you carried for years and trust to be beyond reliable. Happy shooting!

I'm now a subscriber to your channel.

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
That S&W 5900 series was great. I wish they hadn't stopped making them. I'm also surprised someone hasn't come out with knock-offs. There have been knock offs of the Beretta 92, the Sig P226, the Glock, the CZ 75 and of course the 1911. I have always thought those S&Ws would at least get a knock-off.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I enjoyed your thorough review of the S&W Model 5943 SSV. I learned a few things about that model and I'm a big fan of the DAO S&W Gen3 semi-autos.

Coincidentally, I almost bid on a 5943 SSV around the end of January or the first part of February. The gun was being offered by a seller in Wisconsin and mislabeled as a factory-new 5947 SSV with a start bid price over the original MSRP ($690). I'm leery of auction listings that are mislabeled so I passed.

It must be a joy to be reunited with a firearm you carried for years and trust to be beyond reliable. Happy shooting!

I'm now a subscriber to your channel.
You were looking at my pistol! It was, in fact, mislabeled as a 5947. I knew what it was when I saw it, and I was able to enlarge the photos enough to confirm it was a 5943 SSV. THANK YOU FOR NOT BUYING IT!

Howard

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Enjoyed the video Howard, particularly when that young hotshot showed up! He looked vaguely familiar. Looking forward to seeing you put some rounds downrange with the new old pistol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Enjoyed the review Howard. I am not a firearm collector,but I could still see how hard it would be actually fire a gun like that one after all these years.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Enjoyed the review Howard. I am not a firearm collector,but I could still see how hard it would be actually fire a gun like that one after all these years.
Thank you! I gave it a bit of thought, but I decided that it was built to be used.

Howard

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
@hrfunk the range review was a pleasure to watch, it looked like you were shooting an old familiar weapon.

I wish we could blow the Covid-19 away as easy as you did the bottles!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@hrfunk the range review was a pleasure to watch, it looked like you were shooting an old familiar weapon.

I wish we could blow the Covid-19 away as easy as you did the bottles!
Yep. It was a little like shaking hands with an old friend. The only difference, was on my old duty pistol, I had installed the Hogue rubber grips which fit my hand better than the factory plastic version. Those Hogue's also made the pistol point a little more naturally for me. So take a wild guess what's in my Amazon shopping cart!

Howard

1 - 18 of 18 Posts