Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I poked around the archives and it looks like most of the threads on the 627 are a few years old.

When I picked up my second 686+ 4-inch months ago, I weighed the option of going to the 627 Performance Center, but the $1200 price tag on the PC 627 made for an easy choice on the 686+.

I hadn't realized at the time that the 627 was an N-frame, and that it also comes in a Pro Series ($899 retail).

I generally prefer the N-frames and suspect the 627 feels awesome shooting full house .357. Mind you, the 686+ is a beautiful shooter too.

Who has the 627? Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I was holding one today. Felt too big for my wee little hands, but finger groove grips never work for me.
I would like to shoot one before throwing that kind of money around.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was holding one today. Felt too big for my wee little hands, but finger groove grips never work for me.
I would like to shoot one before throwing that kind of money around.
I thought the same thing about wanting to shoot it first. But for me, the 627 felt really nice- I typically don't like finger grooves either but this one felt great, pointed (sight) quickly, and felt balanced. Granted it was unloaded, but an unloaded 627 is just 1.7 oz. heavier than my unloaded 686+.

I suspect it shoots like most other N-frame S&Ws- meaning probably pretty great.

Reactions: Struckat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts