Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've removed the flag that locks the gun up [which will be reinstalled if I ever sell the gun] but is there a mechanical reason for removing the key? Most people seem to do this and plug the hole. I've poked and proded at it and it doesn't seem like it going to fall out but I can't seem to find an answer online.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I've removed the flag that locks the gun up [which will be reinstalled if I ever sell the gun] but is there a mechanical reason for removing the key? Most people seem to do this and plug the hole. I've poked and proded at it and it doesn't seem like it going to fall out but I can't seem to find an answer online.
All you really need to do is remove the flag. Plugging the hole is for appearance and as such is probably worth while but all I did on mine was take out the flag.

·
Premium Member
6,875 Posts
No need to remove the key lock as long as the retention spring and arm are in installed.

Reactions: Snakeman3578

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. Between me hacking on the factory rubber grips so a HKS speedloader will actually work and the many scratches it already has looks aren't overly high on the priority list. I was just concerned that there might be a functionality reason in not removing the key. Again thanks!! (y)(y)

·
Registered
10,951 Posts
I guess I did it the easy way and bought one "Pre-Lock"!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts