Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the web site... thought I would just jump in!

I had a S&W MP .40, it was my twin brothers who need some money for his LEO training.

I just recently traded it off for the 642, I shot my brothers regualr one (he uses it as a back up).

I loved the 642 so I had to say goodbye to the MP .40

I walked into my local gun store with the intention of buying the regular 642, but he offered my a really good trade so I upgraded to the power port.

I absolutly love this gun, it shoots great (after a little practice)!

I was wondering what people with this gun think of it as well!

·
Registered
316 Posts
The power port really helps tame recoil. I have the original performance center 640 version with the same power port. The 642 power port would be perfect if it did not have that damn lock but that is another topic already beaten to death numerous times

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Ported? I hope that you don't ever have to shoot from retention.:nono:
Not something I would carry for SD.OMYYMV

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shot it from hip... had no problems.....

I dont really intend to put it near my face....
Has anyone had issues with this?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hope you don't have to shoot through the passenger window with a passenger in the seat. I thought about ports to improve accuracy, and they seem great for that. I'm not sold on them for SD though. Close quarters, multiple folks, everything goes bad and you have to use it. Someone may get burned. Wasn't worth the trade off for me. YMMV. And I have no experience with that particular firearm. Just my thoughts about ports in general after looking into them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts