Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the early '90's, my department made the transition to semi-auto pistols issuing us the S&W 6946 in 9 MM. This was a great gun, brush stainless finish, a pleasure to shoot and ease to operate and maintain - all double action, no decocking lever. I always regretted not purchasing the one I was issued upon retirement. Does anyone out there have a 6946? And if so what's your over all opinion of the gun?

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is a great gun! Mine is for sale on this board. Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
GTOguy, I'm glad you said something, cause I thought I was going out of my mind there seeing your post show up first in google reader, then this one, and trying to figure out if they're the same gun or not (one of the numbers is different in the titles--mistake possibly?--as the guns looked identical except for the grips).

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
My 6946 was my first carry gun and it was a police trade in. I have 10k+ rounds down range with absolutely no failures. It is one gun I will never sell.

Here it is in one of my OWB - The Slides...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Uncballzer: Thanks for the heads-up on my for sale thread. It is a S&W 6946. I changed the text of the thread, but I don't know how to change the title.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just received my 6946 ss today,immediately ordered hogue grips for it. It is a real nice piece.It will be my carry and truck gun for now.My 908 smith will be my summer carry gun.Love old smiths:wink::comeandgetsome:You would love the 6946 4 sure,
great choice to compliment my 908.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts