Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a DA pocket gun and this one is on the very short list. Is it reliable for those familiar with it? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have one. The M&P non- laser sight variety. I have had no issues with it. As I work in a NPE and handle cash, I find it conceals easily in a Desantis Nemesis and does not print. Very handy. A snappy little bugger, so practice with it.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
G-man has one. I think he had problems with the mag release. But He shoots his "A Lot". I think he was looking for a metal replacement for the plastic release button. He should be along soon... DR

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
I had several. They all developed issues over time. Reliability is highly dependent on the magazines.

·
Registered
21,467 Posts
Mine was a great shooting gun, and very reliable.
Just watch for wear on the magazine release after a lot of use, or the mags will start to drop while shooting.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
I have one I carry a lot. I did have problems with light strikes when I first got it. It was due to ammo, but it still made me nervous. I sent it to Galloway for an improved lifter and stronger hammer spring. Now it will smash a dent in any primer made. It has a hard trigger pull, so it takes some practice, but I find mine to be reliable, safe and accurate. I do occasionally have the slide release on its own when I put a full mag in forcefully, but that is not such a big deal.

It is a "bad breath distance, minute of bad guy" gun, but that's what I carry it for.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I also had light primer strikes, but S&W took care of the issue. Small pocket guns are not the easiest pistols to shoot, but I like mine and carry it a lot. Good luck with what ever you decide to get.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I couldnt imagine a single reason to buy a S&W Bodyguard 380 over a Ruger LCP Max.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
I couldnt imagine a single reason to buy a S&W Bodyguard 380 over a Ruger LCP Max.
I can imagine one. Having what is basically a single action trigger on a gun in my pocket pointed at my junk. You may not agree with being concerned about that, but I am sure you can at least imagine it.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Mine has been extremely reliable through app
I too would opt for the LCP Max. Sure the other sing stack micro 380s can still be effective. But the Max has rendered all of them semi-obsolete.

Unless you prefer the double action trigger over the capacity, like myself.

Being a revolver guy, I guess you could say I don't give two squats about capacity, Lol.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Mine has been extremely reliable through app

Unless you prefer the double action trigger over the capacity, like myself.

Being a revolver guy, I guess you could say I don't give two squats about capacity, Lol.
Yeah I hear ya. I carried an LCR for almost a decade. Capacity wasn't a huge concern for me but with the Max I can increase Capacity by 160%, which is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I can imagine one. Having what is basically a single action trigger on a gun in my pocket pointed at my junk. You may not agree with being concerned about that, but I am sure you can at least imagine it.
Obviously any gun is going to be in a holster with secures the firearm and covers the trigger. And Im not sure how your pants are designed, but I carried a LCP in my front pocket for years at my previous job and it wasnt even possible for it to point at my junk. The holster holds the gun upright so that it points down and the grip is presented for your hand for a consistent draw.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I love the Pocket guns. Do not own a Smith, but have shot one many times. Good build quality. My favorite is the Pico. Crazy reliable with thousands of rounds down range. (Own Three of them) Next is the Kahr. Both are reliable and can handle hot ammo. I have the CW380 and the P380. Still own a LCP Gen 2. Have owned many LCP's. Nice DAO on the Gen 2. Not interested at all in the LCP Max. Prefer a Single Stack and not interested in the extra rounds. Plus I prefer the DAO trigger. Have the LCP 22. Prefer the LCR22 much more and shoot it much better. Almost bought a Smith a few months ago, but the ammo Famine stopped me. Just too expensive now. And that is a shame, because I love shooting the Pocket guns. Shoot them often and you will be surprised what you can do with them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
another vote for the keltec p32. i rented a bunch of 380acp pistols awhile ago. i’m not a recoil fan. the s&w bg 380acp was second in my evaluation to the s&w shield ez 380acp, which certainly isn’t a pocket pistol. the ruger lcp 380acp came in dead last, it’s a real pain to shoot enough to become comfortable as a ccw. i also had and sold off a ruger lcp 22lr, despite being a ruger rimfire fan.

on a whim and good deal i ended up getting a keltec p32 gen2 for my mouse centerfire handgun, which is superb. it’s accurate enough and reliable, very easy to shoot (i added hogue handall grips), and still a deep enough ccw for those of us in non-permissive yet lawful places. i also have the naa guardian 32acp, but the lighter keltec is easier for me to shoot, ymmv.

otherwise for a deep ccw why not consider a naa mini revolver, but with cv revision grips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts