Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a plain jane M65 on GB for just a hint under $500. I was very pleased with the purchase. It had just a hint of a turn line and imperceptable flame cutting marks, which told me it wasn't used hard. At the range, it showed it was a good pistol.

I then bought a set of Wolff Springs, a new style thumb latch, a decent set of grips, some 800 and 1000 grit wet dry, a handful of felt polishing wheels for my Dremel Tool, and a jar of Mother's Brand Metal Polish.

I installed the components, and polished up the pistol nicely. All the buffing took easily 4+ hours. I left a few parts matte, for interesting contrast. They include: Top strap from muzzle to grip, the muzzle itself, inside the trigger guard, the ejector rod, and the flutes. I cleaned up all internal contact surfaces for smooth triggering. I added a splash of blaze orange to the front sight.

What do you think of my "new" Model 65?

(My only regret is that I suck so bad with a camera...)

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Nothing like a good K-frame all buffed out. I like mine all shinny.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
What do you think of my "new" Model 65? (My only regret is that I suck so bad with a camera...)
It is a good looking gun.

To eliminate the glare off the bright stainless, don't use the flash. Use indirect natural light (reflected off a white surface), a tripod to steady the camera, and a timed flash with a slow shutter speed.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
You sure have a right to be proud :proud: :notworthy:
Do you conceal carry:icon_question::icon13n:
What is your preferred method of carry:questionmark:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You sure have a right to be proud :proud: :notworthy:
Do you conceal carry:icon_question::icon13n:
What is your preferred method of carry:questionmark:
In Wisconsin, there is no CCW permit system in place. We have legal Open Carry. When I lived in the south, I did CCW. Typically, I was most comfortable with IWB.

For this pistol, I'm looking for a decent holster for OC. It deserves to be noticed. I can't afford a real high end holster, but I'd like a nice one.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Nice, I have a M65 at CCR right now getting a custom finish job done by Brad, hopefully it will be hope this week, can't wait to see it and show it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
NICE !!

That's a beaut!!:smile: Reminds me of my 3" M64. Had the gun bead-blasted,charge holes chamfered and the hammer bobbed(but NOT made DAO). Loved that gun! It was both an on and off-duty in my pre-Glock days.......................THEN LIKE A FOOL I SOLD IT!!:mad: I know the guy who has it..maybe I'll buy it back!!:hand5:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Really nice...Love those polished stainless Smiths...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts