Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
Very Nice INDEED! I'm still looking for the elusive k-snubby....

·
Super Moderator
18,889 Posts
Oh yeah! Great thread! Great first post! Grateful to see the neato photo of the 2 1/2-inch Model 19!

Models 19s and 66s along with their fixed sight counterparts the Model 13s and 65s are the finest carrying .357 Magnums on the planet. Concealable, slickest actions, and 6 shots. What's not to like?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Congrats on an EXCELLENT trade!

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
That one is a keeper. Lucky for you that somebody else didn't realize it.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
A fine looking piece ! I now have another snubby added to the short list :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
144,354 Posts
Great personal self-defense revolver.

Looks like you were in the right place at exactly the right time. :yup:

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
Nice find. The 2.5" versions are great for carry and they don't stay on gun store shelves long in my neighborhood. The S&W Model 19 is sweet in any barrel length.

<----------

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I need to find one of those. I have a 3" Model 65, but would love to find a 2.5" K-frame...preferably a Model 10.

Nice pistol.

Reactions: sparkyfender

·
Administrator
144,354 Posts

I owned one at one point in my past. I traded it back when I went semi-auto for daily carry.
Not one of my wiser moves.

msgt/ret - You might have mine! Who knows...it's possible. :yup:

·
Administrator
144,354 Posts
Helpful Hint:

If anybody owns a vintage S&W wheelgun and the DA trigger pull is slightly gritty and rough...you can easily smooth it out at home without doing any damage to your revolver.

Trigger grit and roughness is mostly all in the rebound slide.

You need to get a fine small diameter round stone. I always used a Dremel stone bur (just by holding it in needle nose vice grips)

I always used one of these small cylindrical Dremel abrasive stones to hand stone the inside of the rebound slide. But, NOT in the Dremel!
Just hold the shaft with something like a "pin vise" and stone the interior by hand not by rotating Dremel tool!

> Stone the interior of the rebound slide with oil to remove the interior machine marks. Really get the the interior smooth. :yup:

> Machine polish the outside surface of the rebound spring. Don't over heat it when you polish it. :nono:

> Carefully deburr and lightly smooth the channel on the rebound slide that rides back and forth on the vertical post.

> Take a piece of ultra fine Silicon Carbide paper 1000 or 1500 GRIT - Use some spray adhesive to stick it down to any perfectly flat surface.

> LIGHTLY Polish the underside face of the rebound slide and the bottom that ride against the frame by rubbing those surfaces on the abrasive paper.
Just polish those surfaces enough to get them smooth...don't overdo it.

> VERY lightly stone the top of the rebound slide just to eliminate any roughness...the top of the rebound slide is critical so you basically just want lightly knock off any burs that may be there. Do not change anything on the top of the slide.

> Check over the frame where the rebound slide runs and with a very fine square stone - carefully smooth any obviously rough areas and knock off any burs.

Really the MAJORITY of the gritty feeling in your DA trigger pull will be due to the rebound spring catching on machine marks INSIDE the rebound slide as the spring compresses and that post channel.

> In addition you can install a slightly lighter rebound spring. Just make sure that you buff it before you install it.

You really can do this job yourself. :yup:

Just don't over do anything and you will amazingly slick up your DA trigger pull.

Any rough imperfections with the rebound slide become greatly magnified during the rearward travel of the trigger.

Not the best web found pics but you will get the general idea from reading the above.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Love the model 19 snubby

I greatly admire the model 19 snubby revolvers. I have two of them, a standard blue version and a matte black version made by the factory for several law enforcement customers, such as the Diplomatic Security Service of the US Dept. of State.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts