Defensive Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 4" S&W model 24 .44 Special revolver. I'd been looking for one for a long time, and even though I just got a 3.5" model 29 .44 Magnum a few weeks ago, I couldn't pass it up. This is one of the limited production models they made in the 1980's. It's not one of the original 1950's models that are worth a fortune these days, but it's still a really fine gun and I can't wait to shoot it. I probably won't carry it very often, but I do have a Fist holster that fits it. Of course, I put Ahrends combat grips on it, as I do all my revolvers.

Here's a pic of the new gun and one of all 3 of my S&W's:

· Super Moderator
19,576 Posts
Nice..very nice.:congrats:

I shoot one occasionally that a freind of mine has. I've tried to talk him out of it several times but he refuses to budge.
It is a sweet shooter and very accurate.

Looking at that pic makes me want one all over again...:theyareontome:

· Registered
545 Posts
OOOOOH..........I love the grips on the middle one! Nice collection.

· 1951 - 2011
499 Posts
Hello. Though mine is a longer bbl'd version, the Model 24 remains my favorite revolver for shooting at the range or wagging along sometimes when at the deer lease. If you enjoy your revolver even half as much as I have mine, I think you will agree that your money was well spent.

Though this one is not at all considered for concealed carry by me, I do think that the easy-to-handle recoil in a 4" steel N-frame should allow for quick repeat shots if necessary.
Best.

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Color me an N frame fanatic too - love em all.

That M24 is the cat's miaow - sure would love to have one.

(Steve - good to see you drop in sir :smilez: )

· Super Moderator
56,011 Posts
Very, very nice!:yup:

Great purchase!

· Premium Member
6,611 Posts
Congratulations on a fine acquisition!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.