Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S&W 36 38Spl..jpg

Picked up a S&W Classic Model 36 today. It is Nickel, and it was just to pretty to pass by. Sad thing is, it'll probably be a safe queen though. Gotta love a Snubbie J Frame!!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Sweet. I love a S&W snub, especially with wood grips. That's so nice, I'd have to carry it occasionally.

Congrats on a beautiful snubbie. Enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new snub... :congrats: The model 36 is a classic...:yup:

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I just ordered custom wood grips for my S&W 442 to give it more of a classic snub look. I'll post some before and after pics when they come in and I get them installed.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
You got yourself a mighty fine snubbie there...:yup::hand10::danceban:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Great snubbie. It's the classiest one IMO. Mine, also in nickel is Always on me and definately not a safe queen.

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Very nice! Safe queen or not well built firearms are a joy to own.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Gorgeous! I know how you feel about it being too pretty to carry, I feel the same way about mine. With an added sentimentality, knowing it was Dads for many years, makes it even more special to me. It's a rare day when I do carry it, but in the back of my mind, I know that if I ever had to use it to stay alive, that is exactly the way Dad would want it.
It took me 36 years to convince him to sell it to me, and when he misses it we get together at the range and share the fun:smile:

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Sweet. I love a S&W snub, especially with wood grips. That's so nice, I'd have to carry it occasionally.

Congrats on a beautiful snubbie. Enjoy it.
Congrats on the new snub... :congrats: The model 36 is a classic...:yup:
^^^^^^^YEP^^^^
Great snubbie. It's the classiest one IMO. Mine, also in nickel is Always on me and definitely not a safe queen.

Congrats!
^^HEY^^whats^^^the^^matter^^with^^the^^model 19^^

My brother has TWO snub nose nickel 19's that I'm trying my hardest to talk him out of at least one.
He loves those little wheelguns so much he has a brand new S&W M&P9c, but would still rather carry the .357

You would think out of brotherly love he would bestow one upon me as a gift for Christmas or my birthday, or Presidents day, or Easter,or Memorial day, well, you get it .

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
Mathew Courtney

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thnaks for the compliments on my new snubbie, everyone:smile:

And, I did carry it today, of course it was in a Galco SSS Side Scabard that covers everything but the handle, so it was protected.

My wife absolutley loves it, I just showed it to her this afternoon, judging by her reaction and comments I'm sure she (also a CCW) will probably take it as her own.

Other than picking me 16 years ago, she has excellent taste!!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I'm the only snubbie that my wife will ever have. She's not into guns, but doesn't give me too much junk about my being into them. Just the occasional bit of grief. We've been together 24 years and married close to 17. Anytime she gets on to me about something, I just tell her she should have made a better choice. That really goes over great....

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'm the only snubbie that my wife will ever have. She's not into guns, but doesn't give me too much junk about my being into them. Just the occasional bit of grief. We've been together 24 years and married close to 17. Anytime she gets on to me about something, I just tell her she should have made a better choice. That really goes over great....
:rofl:
Hey do you mind if I borrow that line? It could come in handy on occasion:blink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts