Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have made a switch. My edc used to be the Glock 23. But now I have taken a newer approach and went with the Shield 40. I am not used to a lower round count but it sure feels lighter.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Congrats, did you keep the G23 as well ? As far as comfort level I'm sure you will love the new Shield, What kind of holster did you go with ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I switched from a G26 to a 9mm shield. I really do enjoy shooting the glock but the shield is way more comfortable to carry. Just looking at them side by side and you would think there would be that big of a difference but when I put in my IWB holster the difference is unbelievable, at least to me. I kept my G26 but it hasn't left the house since I got my shield. I think you'll be happy with it over all. I am currently looking for a different holster though, been thinking about a Thies holster as Ive heard a lot of good things about them. I even emailed him the other night and within minutes he had answered my question. So good customer service before I even spent a dime with him, gives you confidence that you're buying a quality product when you deal with good quality people.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The Shield to me is an amazing firearm. It carries about the same amount of rounds as the Sig 239, is way thinner, and weighs 7 oz. less. When you carry every day, that makes a big difference.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I wear my shield 9 in a foxx hybrid, all the hybrids seem about the same to me..Anyways, the way hybrid type holsters distribute the weight of the gun is almost overkill for my little shield but it is the most comfortable gun/holster setup I have ever carried. One thing I really admire about the shield is the grip really allows you to get a good purchase before you draw(with a proper holster) I could never get the same death grip on my baby glocks. basically I love my shield

·
Registered
526 Posts
My EDC is a 40 Shield...... Flawless

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Did the same thing as you. The G27 got sold (too harsh for my taste), the G23 is in the safe, and the Shield .40 is inside my pants. Shoots better than the 23/27 too, at least in my hands. My thought is, if 7 or 8 rounds wont save me, will 10 or 14? It is worth the trade off IMO for the concealment alone. Oh, the G23 still gets carried, but not this summer so far.

Reactions: Sap03

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I agree with you big time, I think sometimes we have illusions of grandeur when it comes to defending ourselves like 6 people attacking us at once and us needing 33 rounds & no less. it could happen but ...Fat chance.
Heard a guy on a gun review say something about "I like having the rounds in case a meth head with an ax is trying to kill me". I thought, Hmm, I don't hang out with ax wielding meth heads nor do I frequent their hangouts. I should be good. Most shootings I see on youtube or the television have one thing in common, once the shooting starts, everyone runs, they don't usually stay and fight.

Reactions: Sap03 and bigpapa

·
Registered
11,497 Posts
I keep hearing pretty much nothing but good things about the Shield. So much so that I cannot help but really want one.

I'm currently looking for a 9mm Shield to replace my Kahr CW9. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Someday I would like to shoot the M&P Shield (.40) (Question do they give you a spare magazine)

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Shield .40 is at the top of my list for next EDC pistol. I look at the others but keep coming back to the Shield.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
The Shield .40 is at the top of my list for next EDC pistol. I look at the others but keep coming back to the Shield.
I keep coming back to it every morning in my safe, and then I strap it on and go. Excellent pistol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bought a Shield .40 last week and went for a shooting drill last Friday. It handles nice. No malfunctions for a box of 185 grain. Draw, double tap is not as smooth as my P-238 (yet) but the accuracy is there and the bark is a lot more. I'm not a gun collector so now I have to make a decision which to sell, either the S&W .38 Airweight or the P-238. I think it will be the P-238 because the wife likes the Airweight with laser better for home defense.

Note about Mags: There are two, a short one of 6 rounds and a longer one of 7 rounds. I prefer the feel of the longer one and I ordered a second. It gives a better place for your little finger and has a better grip coming out of the holster.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts