Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Its a very good pistol. I have it and the 9mm version. I still prefer the 9 for its greater capacity (MagGuts equipped) and I have the 9mm stippled to preference.

Any iteration of the M&P Shield is a top shelf carry piece.

That said, I've been carrying a revolver for the last several months so what do I know? ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Anyone carrying one and how do you like it?
I have a shield 45. It is quickly becoming a favorite. At first I thought the sights were off, but after 5 range trips and 900 rounds, the sights are on. I was just holding the gun wrong. I am used to glocks for on duty carry and the thin grip required a slight modification to my grip. Overall it is excellent and has not failed with speer 230 gr GD, AE 230 FMJ or my handloads ranging from 5.1 of W231, 4.4 Bullseye and 5.0 bullseye wih 230 grain fmj. The slide stop was very tight requiring me to slingshot the slide until about 500 rounds. Now either slingshot or using the slide stop to reload works equally as well. Recoil is less than the 40 shield in my opinion. The stippled grip is great and works as well as talon grips. I am still using stock sights, but will probably get trijicon HD once they are availble. It is light weight, slim and easy to shoot. The trigger has lightened from 6#2oz average new to 5# 1 oz average currently. Hopefully the trigger is done breaking in and doesn't get any lighter. Also, I have the model without the manual safety.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I have the Shield in the 9mm but would love to get the .45 acp, so I might have to wait a little for now.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have two 9's. One standard with night sights and one PC. I recently purchased a .45 and have enjoyed shooting it. The trigger is about the same as my PC 9. The recoil is certainly manageable for all except those who are very sensitive. Accuracy is good with my 230 grain reloads and the same weight Speer Gold Dots. I especially like the textured grips but I haven't put 200 rounds per session through it yet. I can see needing some gloves for extended range sessions. No, I'm not a sissy but I'm not into blisters and blood, either.:wink:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
at the S&W forum, a few people are having problems with the Shield .45, don't really know if is true, I put my want to buy, on stand by, until I see more reports, just in case

1 - 7 of 7 Posts