Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was doing some digging online for a particular gun, a Smith and Wesson 645. I found a 645 Semi Auto and a 645 Revolver?

Are these really both called 645's? I didnt see anything to differentiate between the two like a letter (LCP and LCR perfect example of that).

Alex!

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
A S+W 645 is a semiautomatic pistol, period. Any reference to a 645 revolver is erroneous.

S+W currently lists a 325 revolver in .45 ACP, and historically there have been Models 25 (blued steel) and 625 (stainless) chambered each in .45 Colt and .45 ACP... that's as close as you'll get to a "645 revolver." Maybe just a simple typo?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
The 645 is a very little known but very well made .45 auto.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

The model got my attention when I was reading about Hunter S Thompson's suicide. The report said it was a Smith 645. So I got on you tube to see what it looked like and found a few semi and then this video..

YouTube - SW 645.AVI

It had me pretty confused. I figured surely S and W wouldn't name two completely different types (other than the round of course) of handguns a 645.
I guess that guy with the "645" in the video meant 625.

Alex!

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
The model got my attention when I was reading about Hunter S Thompson's suicide. The report said it was a Smith 645. So I got on you tube to see what it looked like and found a few semi and then this video..

YouTube - SW 645.AVI

It had me pretty confused. I figured surely S and W wouldn't name two completely different types (other than the round of course) of handguns a 645.
I guess that guy with the "645" in the video meant 625.

Alex!
Yep - I just looked at the video, and it's clearly a 625.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts