Defensive Carry banner

S&w Sw99

5332 9
9mm, 4" barrel w/decocker.

I have the option to buy one of these used and I'm looking for some information on it. It will be used as a plinking/bed stand gun. Any info on this gun is appreciated.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I can only comment on the compact but in essence we do see the same manual of arms.

I love this small gun and it performs very well and is amazingly accurate. I like an extended mag for the pinky support on this one. Two small factors make it potentially a tad tricky until used to it. First is mag release - tho ambi it is odd being down on rear lower trigger guard - but you can adapt with practice. Second - the decocker is up top left rear of slide - again - needs some practice tho that is not a real biggie.

If you can get on with the mag release then I think this is a fine gun and mine has seen occasional carry duty. Trigger is very acceptable for me.

· Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This will be my first pistol so the location of the controls shouldn't be a factor. I don't have any good or bad habits to break just yet.

Is there any particular ammunition that it likes or dislikes? I'll probably do WWB for the range, and I haven't really decided what I'll use for HD.

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Ahhh well - you should adapt pretty quick then I reckon - I mean - it ain't difficult as such - just different for folks used to 1911 type positions of controls.

Ammo? Mine is very unfussy and will eat WWB all day and for carry - 124 JHP Gold Dots. IIRC too it digested Hydra-Shoks too just fine.

· Registered
6,890 Posts

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Should be possible to find an HKS mag loader - the deal that supports mag in a holder and has a lever at top.

No idea what that white is at end of rail - would need to look close to try and identify.

· Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my HKS mag loader in the mail yesterday and went and picked up the gun today. It seems to be balanced really well. I think it fits my hand best with the medium backstrap. I'll be going to the range to put a few rounds through it on Thursday. I'll try to post some sort of review once I shoot it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.