Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the delta point pro I set up on the Victory. I'll be shooting this months 22 match with it for the firs time. I chose the 7.5 minute chevron, it's quicker to pick up in the heads up display than the smaller dot sizes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
36,781 Posts
Be careful that you don't put rounds through the same hole in your competition. You might also want to buy some smaller tacks. I about choked when you told me the deal you got on it. You did very well.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I get to liking this set up too much, I foresee a few mounts for some of the sd pistols, like the sig 227, a 1911, a glock etc. Might have to just buy the "kit" with all the mounts.

I dialed this one in for 12-15 yrds, which is the distance most plates are placed in the match. Once dialed in at that distance, I was busting rocks half the size of my fist without any effort at all.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, looking forward to determining if I will be faster in the match or not. Some of the smaller targets will be taken faster, IMO, while it will slow me down on some of the big plates in close over what threat focused skill I normally use.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update,

I took the rmr off, went back to stock sights, added a Tandemkross comp, kept the halo charging handle, installed the Tandemkross trigger which took it from 3.5# factor to 2.5# trigger pull, and added the rosewood grips.

Tomorrow we'll see how this works out at the tac 22 pistol match. The trigger is excellent, may not do as well as I have been until I get more time on it. Here's what it looks like for tomorrows match

Attachments

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
I have a real affinity for the .22 rimfire cartridge in any accurate firearm with a good trigger.:king:

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update, gasmitty kicked my butt this morning. He was shooting like his hair was on fire. Way to go sir, as always, great shooting and chatting with you today. Looking forward to next months get together. You challenge the crap out me to keep up in iron sights division :bier:

I like the new config and the way it shoots much better than the stock grips and trigger on the Victory. The upgrades were worth installing IMO

·
Super Moderator
19,884 Posts
Well, sometimes luck factors in. Never overlook that!

For the uninitiated, Rio Salado Sportsmen's Club in Mesa has a monthly .22 pistol steel match. Brownie got interested last fall and has been getting his S&W Victory dialed in, trying optics and irons to see which works best, and I think we've shot together 7 times now. The match is scored on time only, with penalties for misses. Four stages, five strings each, usually only the best two or three strings count for score. So you can try to go blazing fast and if you hose a string, you've got 4 more tries to get it right.

What I find amazing is that we shoot nearly the same overall. Leaving out your first match when you were getting a feel for it, and we don't have today's scores yet, in five matches with a total time around 250 seconds, we are but 1.23 seconds apart - that's less than half a percent! (And for the record, Brownie beat me in 3 of those 5 matches).

I caught you on video on Stage 4 when you were using QK. The camera angle doesn't really highlight your eyes relative to the gun, but standing behind you it was pretty clear that was your approach. The muzzle brake appears effective as the muzzle rise was minimal. Slowing the video down, I could also tell you were efficiently picking up the next plate as the gun was returning to battery and coming down from the minimal muzzle rise.

Here's our favorite Quick Kill trainer hosing some plates (a frame from the video):

Attachments

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You were on fire on the mozambique first stage, and that last stage where you caught me on tape? Holy crap, you had a 3.0 second run for 7 plates at 12 yrds. You're a tough competitor and like you mentioned, we're usually in the top 4 or 5 of the sighted shooters each month. Sometimes running 2nd and 3rd, we're not slouches on the plates.

I really didn't notice the difference with the comp, glad you were able to take note of the comps apparent effectiveness. Even with the QK, your best run was 3.00 and mine was 3.18 for 7 plates. Figuring a second to first shot from the buzzer, you were hosing about .33 seconds for each shot including transitions. Great shooting, you make me earn my keep in this match, I like that sir.

Best, see ya next month. I think we're into fall hours so 8am but I'll confirm on their website to be sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts