Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess mine might be an older one because it is not pined.Sight is a ramp which is just part of the barrel I guess you could say.I wondered if anyone had milled one down and made it into a pined sight somehow.I really like the revolver but sure wish it had a night sight in front.It guess it would cost to do that but I have a good friend who is a gun smith. He said he had never done it so I am asking around. He don't work on hand guns much.He builds rifles and rifle barrels and such.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
can you post a pic... I am not aware of any 640's that have dont have a pinned sight. Having the front sight milled off could be quite costly, and it may not be worth it. I dont know where you are located but if you are interested I can give you the contact info og my smith. He has a full machine shop is very skilled. He is the only one who touches my guns, and his prices are very reasonable. He milled the slide on my CM9 so I could install night sights on it and did an outstanding job. he is an ffl so guns can be sent straight to him. PM me if you want his contact info.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
An acrylic insert would be easy to do on a fixed sight. Similar to the orange inserts on the S&W target sights. You could do any color you wanted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taurahe,you are right,it don't seem worth it.Superhouse15 You are also right ,an insert would not be so bad to do but I have never liked inserts much.I know,I am a strange bird,heard that before,several times. My revolver says 640 on the frame in usual place. Serial starts with cen11xx.Has +P+ designation on frame in usual place. I think it is just an older one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.