Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered one, have to wait 3 - 4 months for it :(

Any way, I did quite a bit of research and came up with this one as the best fit for me. Chose it over the Kimber Ultra Carry II.

Anyone with experience with this model? I'd like some input as to break-in period; problems to look for etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have now experience with the 3" but I have a full size ltwt and love mine. Inly problem i have is finding enough ammo to shoot it it more!

·
Registered
307 Posts
See your in LR, Welcome neighbor

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome 45.

I've only heard good things about SA Micro Compact. Was going to buy a Kimber Ultra Carry II but my gunsmith talked me out of it.

I am going ahead and buying (ordering) leather and I will begin to stock up on .45 ammo.

By the time the gun gets here I hope to be ready to carry!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Micro 1911’s can be a little finicky sometimes. If it runs out of the box be happy, otherwise expect a break’in period of a few hundred rounds. That said, I still had occasional feed (FMJ & HP) and extraction issues after break’in so I sent it back to SA and they took care of it.

It’s important to purchase a firearm, and especially a 1911, from a company that stands behind their product. SA offers a lifetime warranty and some of the best customer service in the business.

Enjoy your new pistol when it arrives. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EAJ: Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am looking forward to it. What type holster do carry in? And pics maybe in the holster?? Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
EAJ: Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am looking forward to it. What type holster do carry in? And pics maybe in the holster?? Thanks.
Sorry, I don't carry it. It's been out long enough that a number of popular holster makers probably make holsters for it. When you inquire, make sure to mention that you have the version with the rail. SA markets a similiar model (non-operator) without a rail; I'm not sure both fit the same holster. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts