Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid kids....when will they ever learn!!!

NYPD Cop Shoots Teen in Face After He Pulled Pellet Gun

Saturday, November 07, 2009

NEW YORK — A police detective shot a New York teen in the face Friday night after he pulled a realistic-looking pellet gun during an argument in the Bronx.

Police say 15-year-old Marcus Bonner was hit in the cheek, but survived. He was hospitalized in stable condition.

Authorities say a group of officers were conducting an undercover drug operation when they spotted the teen threatening a group of rival youths with the gun.

The officers chased the teen and confronted him. Police say Bonner was shot when he reached for the gun.

They didn't find out after the shooting that the weapon was a fake.

The shooting was one of two by police on Friday. A man was wounded by an off-duty officer in Brooklyn after he allegedly tried to rob him at gunpoint.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I disagree.

The firearm was a 'weapon' albeit not at all "fake".
Rather it was very real as to the view and mindset of those he had been witnessed victimizing as by intimidation. As to the officer who made a good and proper decision to shoot, to stop. And stop is what he did.

A pellet gun is not "fake".
A pellet gun can permanently maim and disfigure humans.
A pellet gun can kill humans.

A pellet gun is a gun.

Source - Boys Take Revenge With Pellet Gun

Frankly I would have shot the boy too, had me or mince been victimized in front of my own eyes.

- Janq

P.S. - I have a Crosman manufactured Walther branded P90C Compact CO2 powered BB pistol that I use for training hen at home in my backyard. I bought it OTC from Dick's on sale for $65 marked down from $100.
It looks _exactly_ same as the real thing. It even uses a magazine and has a blowback slide as when fired, like the real thing.
One would be very hard pressed to tell it from the real thing as viewed under high noon direct sun never mind at night.
It is a _gun_ and as such is locked up when not in use treated same as any other.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The kid screwed up big time, and he is lucky it didn't cost him his life.

As a kid I was shot in the hand with a pellet gun and had to dig out the pellet before my parents found out that we had a gun. If I had been shot in the eye, temple or other unprotected vital areas it would have taken a lot more than a bunch of band aids.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
P.S. - I have a Crosman manufactured Walther branded P90C Compact CO2 powered BB pistol that I use for training hen at home in my backyard. I bought it OTC from Dick's on sale for $65 marked down from $100.
It looks _exactly_ same as the real thing. It even uses a magazine and has a blowback slide as when fired, like the real thing.
One would be very hard pressed to tell it from the real thing as viewed under high noon direct sun never mind at night.
It is a _gun_ and as such is locked up when not in use treated same as any other.
I didn't know you could train a hen. Do they lay an egg on command:smile:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
The officer did what he HAD to do when someone goes for a gun...fake or not...no way to tell...no other choices.
I feel no pain for the stupid kid, and he got the trouble he started. He's lucky to be alive.:blink:

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
This was only step 1

Does anyone doubt that he was heading toward doing the same thing with a "real" gun (where bullets rather than BBs fly out). The only reason this wasn't "real" was he couldn't get his hands on one.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Maybe learning incurred. Hopeful his parents can pay his medical bills so I don't have to.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Bloomberg will twist this and use it for fodder. The kid will be held out as the "victim" and the pellet gun will be vilified. Bloomberg is a schmuck!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
too bad, but that old he should know whats coming when reaching for what an officer will deem to be a threat to his life

I'm still thankful I didn't have to pull the trigger on the kid pulling his airsoft gun from his pocket a couple of months ago
this just brought that back fresh on my mind again

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
The teen has to be glad that he is still alive. The police officer did nothing wrong. I am sorry for the teen, but he asked for it.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
As far as the teen goes... My sympathy gauge is on empty! Fresh out of sympathy. He actually deserved to get shot!

I only hope the cop knows that as well and has no lasting effects from his ordeal.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Stupid kids....when will they ever learn!
NYPD Cop Shoots Teen in Face After He Pulled Pellet Gun
An eloquent lesson. 'Nuff said.

I wonder, though. Did he actually pull the gun, go for the gun, or otherwise threaten the cop in any way? Unless the unedited/unadulterated film of the exchange is published, we'll likely never know.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bloomberg will twist this and use it for fodder. The kid will be held out as the "victim" and the pellet gun will be vilified. Bloomberg is a schmuck!
Wise words.....We had a couple of converted revolver pellet guns turn up in the UK, been converted to fire .38.....So what did the labour party do I hear you ask???? they banned them, they turned them into a section 5 weapon (same class as a machine gun) and if you had one you could apply for a firearm certificate to keep (a lot of effort, bit like a class III licence)
The importer said they had brought in 55000, only 10000 were put on cert.
Some kid or father who brought one, put it in the attic and forgot about it, could now get a 10 year prison sentence for Possession:congrats:

No doubt the TV channal Mayor will go down the same route

Tint Bob (UK)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just a helpful suggestion... in the name of your personal health and safety, try to refrain from pointing any gun-shaped objects at me...

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Object lesson in reality, not what this little wannbe hip hop rap crap gangstah drug thug seen on TV! He knew it was real when that bullet he started to feel.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
My thoughts as well

An eloquent lesson. 'Nuff said.

I wonder, though. Did he actually pull the gun, go for the gun, or otherwise threaten the cop in any way? Unless the unedited/unadulterated film of the exchange is published, we'll likely never know.
My thoughts as well. You've got to be pretty dumb to engage cops with real guns with a pellet gun. Remember Dialo (did I spell that right). There was no gun. Still got killed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts