Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please check out this book, written by a good friend of mine:

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Introd...s=yehuda+remer

"This book is meant not as an in-depth breakdown of guns or living with guns, but as an introduction to the world of firearms for children. Its goal is to plant the seeds of safe gun ownership into the minds of young patriots who will one day be responsible gun owners like the parents who teach them. It is up to the moms and dads of this country who exercise their 2nd Amendment rights to instill a deep respect for firearms. This book serves as the tool to open a dialogue between you and your child about keeping their “Safety On.”

Reactions: Remy and maxwell97

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks like a good book. I will probably pick up a copy as there is not much out there for kids and guns.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I wish Yehuda much success with his book. It should be something we all have in our tool kit. I'm gonna ask him for an autographed copy before his head gets too big and he forgets about me. :smile: He has been my customer for a few years and I know he practices what he preaches on gun safety.

He told me a couple days ago to watch for this NRATV episode with Colion Noir that aired yesterday. Here it is in case you want to watch it.

https://www.nratv.com/series/cn-live/video/cn-live-yehuda-remer-gun-safety-for-kids/episode/cn-live-season-2-episode-67#.WROtqoySPq8.twitter

·
Banned
3,343 Posts
I don't like the picture...the gun should be uh, maybe on a table, or not pointed at the Dad. In fact the title is about firearm safety and maybe a better image would be a basic rifle but pointed in a definite safe direction.

Not sure about the book, but it's probably a good idea.

The first link seems broken. I found it here: https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Introduction-World-Firearms-Children/dp/1618081535/

Sorry I don't like his back page where he has this, possibly unrealized 'hidden agenda' "I grew up in a world where only cops had guns...". Yikes!

In fact I don't like the title. 'Safety On'.

It seems to say the only good 'gun' can't be shot. It's catchy but again I don't like the 'hidden message'.

I have no doubt your friend has good intent. It just makes me cringe on some levels. FWIW.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't like the picture...the gun should be uh, maybe on a table, or not pointed at the Dad. In fact the title is about firearm safety and maybe a better image would be a basic rifle but pointed in a definite safe direction.

Not sure about the book, but it's probably a good idea.

The first link seems broken. I found it here: https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Introduction-World-Firearms-Children/dp/1618081535/

Sorry I don't like his back page where he has this, possibly unrealized 'hidden agenda' "I grew up in a world where only cops had guns...". Yikes!

In fact I don't like the title. 'Safety On'.

It seems to say the only good 'gun' can't be shot. It's catchy but again I don't like the 'hidden message'.

I have no doubt your friend has good intent. It just makes me cringe on some levels. FWIW.
I guess at a glance one might not realize the picture on the cover is a dart gun. I don't see how someone would think the gun is pointed at the dad though. It is clearly pointed away as both are looking at it and discussing. Hidden agenda? Oh Boy! He grew up in Commiefornia :rolleyes: before he moved to Texas a few years ago. Despite his parent's antigun teachings (or just lack of teaching) he has seen the light for himself and is trying to make a difference for his kids and others. That would be the agenda, I think.

·
Premium Member
7,255 Posts
Being a middle class city kid, I also grew up in a world where only cops (AND CRIMINALS) had guns. With one exception*. Perhaps some people had guns in their homes but I certainly did not know about them.

*The exception was a German Luger that my father had brought home from WWII with him. It was not loaded and there was no ammunition anywhere in the house. It was wrapped up and 'hidden' on the top shelf of a china cabinet in our dining room. I found it one day when my parents were not home. If it had been loaded there could have been a tragedy. I do not remember if I just looked at it and then re-wrapped it and put it back or if I pulled the trigger. But it would have been far, far better for my father to show me (and my little brother) the gun, explain thoroughly about guns and safety, and then put it away. (And it would have been better to hide it in his dresser drawer because that is one place I never snooped.)

Reactions: FAS1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts