Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Para 7/45 LDA. Has anyone carried a LDA?
Do you carry it with the safety on or off? That is one slick trigger.
Thanks in advance.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I would say safety on , the trigger on the lda is a bit light for me to be comfortable with safety off . Others may well disagree tho lol .

·
Registered
318 Posts
BkCo1,
Not familar enough with the LDA to give specific advise related to that firearm, but I will offer some general advise that I taught all my police recruits when I was an acadmey firearms instructor:
If you choose to carry safety off , still make feeling for the safety to assure it is off part of your draw sequence. Do not get in the mindset of "I carry safety off so all I have to do is draw and shoot" and then the day you need it most find that the safety inadvertantly got bumped on and your pistol goes click instead of bang. Confirm the safety is off as part of your draw with any firearm with a manual safety.

The two loudest sounds in the world:
A "click" when you expected a "bang",
and a "bang" when you expected a "click"!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I would carry safety on. the LDA is a light enough trigger it is possible it could be touched of being caught on something.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Even my Taurus melin .45 i carry safety on , it may be my old school bad days LE background but if a pistol has a safety use it . That being said none of my current common carry guns have a manual safety since i only rarely carry that dammed fat taurus lol .

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. The trigger is a lot lighter than my DA/SA.
I will carry it like a regular 1911.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
glad to help reaffirm what you allready knew lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts