Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently read a review of a Saiga 12 , semi-automatic 12g shotgun with a magazine. I love the idea of a shotgun with a magazine like that. The downside is that spare magazines are rare...to the tune of around a hundred bucks each on ebay.

Does anyone else make anything remotely similar that is a little bit more available? A shotgun is on my ever growing list of stuff to get to better prepare for any situation and I think a quickly reloadable shotgun would be fantastic for home defense and such.

I have only a tiny bit of experience with shotguns from the navy. They showed us basic quick reloads and even the seasoned and practiced instructor couldn't have beat the reload time on one of these.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Just me but - having seen and shot the Saiga - it left me cold.

I guess I am probably just way content with the 870 tho I do agree there is appeal to a quick reload, per a magazine. I have a mag tube extension on the 870 and so for initial capacity this is about up there with the Saiga - then I think as many folks might do - you ''top off'' at every opportunity to avoid going to empty.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I love my Saiga....which are, hopefully, coming back this year. The new importer was at SHOT Show this year.

The eight-round mags are fetching $100 or so.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
There is the Knoxx Sidewinder. A conversion kit for Mossberg pumps that accepts a 10 round drum or a 6 round box magazine. They claim to also have an 870 version in the works. The drums are $100 and the box mags are $50 straight from them. Not sure if they can be had cheaper elsewhere. No experience with it myself, so don't take this as an endorsement.

Mike

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Saiga coming back maybe. Are they bringing there rifles to. I wanted one in 223 or 762x39 but didnt get one before EAA corp quit importing them just curious. Sixgun

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I should have bought two or three Saigas (in each caliber/gauge) when CDNN still had them...below $300. That's where I got my Saiga 12....but now I want more of them.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
+1 on the Knoox sidewinder for the Mossberg 500. Knoww makes great stuff. I have a compstock on my 870 and I would dred shooting it without it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts