Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks, what do I need to do to sell a gun in CT? What forms? Do I have to call Public Safety and get an okay like they do the gun stores? Etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
471 Posts
I have no idea, however, more than likely it will be different whether it is a rifle/shotgun or a handgun, so you need to specify in order to get an accurate answer.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have no idea what is or is not required in, CT. However, when I sell a firearm, even to a family member, I write up a bill of sale - a personal transfer if you want to call it that. It includes a photo of the firearm as well as model and serial number, payment method or check number and have a witness to sign it after observing the transaction.

Some say I am way out there but the way I see it, if the weapon ends up in a crime, I want my name in the clear.

Merry Christmas:santaclaus:

Craig

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey, folks, what do I need to do to sell a gun in CT? What forms? Do I have to call Public Safety and get an okay like they do the gun stores? Etc.

Thanks in advance.
All your questions can be answered on the DPS web site. Basically, for a private sale of a rifle or shotgun there is nothing else you need to do except write up bill of sale and keep copy for yourself. The info on bill of sale should include gun info and buyer info. I usually make a copy of thier driver's license.
For handgun you must fill out state forms and call for transaction number. Buyer must have valid CT pistol permit.
Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts