Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man taken to hospital after suspected drug-related shooting in S - KPTV - FOX 12

This is the reason I want my CCW here in Oregon! I was the one that responded to this guys banging on my kids door at 12:30am (dont know why the media says close to 2am) We sometimes stay the night because my wife watches the grandbabies for a few hours. At 12:23am we were awoke to constant ringing of the doorbell and banging on the door. Me and my SIL got up and I had my handgun in my hand while we went to investigate.

The guy was asking to come in side and saying he was shot, my SIL said "no way in hell would I let you in my house" I grabbed my phone when I saw he was in fact bleeding a bit from the abdomen. I was dialing 911 when he got up and stumbled across the street and started banging on their door. I guess he heard me talking to 911 as I had opened the window to hear better so he came back over and laid on our door step and gave me his name, age and what he said happened.

I got to hand it to Salem Sheriffs department.... they were here within a minute or 2 with fire and ambulance.
I spoke with an officer the next day to at least see if the guy survived (they were not giving out information but at least he could confirm that he did, my wife was worried about him... she is a bit of a sympathetic) The officer was a very nice kid and noticed that I was an old biker and asked with a smile if I still rode (I cant with all the pain)

I cant wait for the kids to be able to move from this neighborhood, I have noticed drug deals going on outside of a few different houses, so this seems not to be the best place to raise my grand kids!

Ok, got that off my chest

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Can't argue with you there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A lot of my friends reflect on what happened and immediately think about banning guns. I think of what would happen if a dozen folks were armed and had some semblance of training.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Would be nice if you had an intercom so that you don't have to open the door to find out what somebody wants. We used to have one but we just yell through the door now. We keep the storm door and the front door locked nearly all of the time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm guessing that even the anti-gunners in the club wished they had something too...
Some probably do. Some of those alive might even wake up and move in that direction of arming themselves. But, as the days, weeks and months go on, I expect we'll read that some will want to remain victims and expect that by disarming the sheep dogs that the wolves will be defanged and become nice doggies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts