Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bless his heart. This is how you kill the 2A - tax firearms/ammo to death or strap on costly regulations most people cannot afford. My wife is from San Jose. We have no plans to visit again.

·
Registered
42,921 Posts
Won't fly.

Reactions: G-man*

·
Registered
724 Posts
No insurance policy covers intentional acts.
I believe the goal is to mandate something that's impossible to procure.
This would be par for the course, since California Supreme Court has previously stated that:
"“Neither the text nor the purpose of the act contemplates that a showing of impossibility can excuse compliance with the statutory requirement once the statute goes into effect,”

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Won't fly.
Locally, no. But if a state like CA or NJ tried the same approach, how would SCOTUS rule on the inevitable appeal? As I recall, Roberts classified Obamacare as a tax. We still have Obamacare.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm not sure that there is such an insurance. If there isn't such a thing, then requiring something that doesn't exist, that is the same as total prohibition and even our current Supreme Court would throw that out.

A yearly fee for something specifically given in the Constitution that would discriminate against poorer people (and all the leftists continually claim that these are blacks, a double whammy) would also be tossed out due to the earlier findings on poll taxes.

This won't fly, but it will get some support from the leftists and cost the government a lot of money to fight it if it is even passed.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Bless his heart. This is how you kill the 2A - tax firearms/ammo to death or strap on costly regulations most people cannot afford. My wife is from San Jose. We have no plans to visit again.

What about insurance and licensing for owning knives, baseball bats, etc?

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
This is another non event. As OV said, it won’t fly.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Just like throwing a rock up in the air, this, too, will fall.

·
Registered
42,921 Posts
Locally, no. But if a state like CA or NJ tried the same approach, how would SCOTUS rule on the inevitable appeal? As I recall, Roberts classified Obamacare as a tax. We still have Obamacare.
The courts at various levels have already ruled against such exorbitant fees, taxes, and the like for firearms.

·
Premium Member
37,433 Posts
Insurance companies offer firearms liability riders on homeowners' insurance? Sounds like a de facto ban on guns by demanding something that does not exist as a condition of ownership/possession.

Reactions: GRCarry

·
Registered
12,223 Posts
But it is gutted. The SCOTUS ruling made it an albatros. One of Trump's big promises was "repeal and replace." He failed, even when he had the Congress on his side. Then he backpedaled and said, "Let it die on its own, then we'll replace it." But federal programs never die on their own.

People keep saying he kept his promises, but they have a short, convenient memories. There are a bunch of them he didn't keep.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Perhaps we could reduce all violence by holding violent felons for more of their well-earned sentence. We might even try not routinely reducing violent felonies down to misdemeanors with no jail time.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The goal is individual gun reregistration. When that roadblock is breached, then the door is wide open for the future elimination of all guns. That's why I never disclose any info on my gun ownership - not even with my family. My days are numbered now, but I sadly expect to see it happen in my last years, either at local, state or federal level.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The motive is very clear to anyone capable of logical thought processes. Of course, that does not include liberals in general or politicians in particular.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts