Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
A sure cure to wasteful, time consuming law suits is for the loser to have to pay the legal costs of the winner...like that's going to ever happen.:ziplip:

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
CT Supreme Court rules that Remington can be sued by Sandy Hook victims.

The Connecticut Supreme Court overturned an appeal’s court decision today and opened the door for the victims and families affected by the Sandy Hook schools shooting can sue Remington who manufactured the rifle used. You can read a news report on this development here.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
That is absolutely ridiculous. There must be a way to shut down these liberals but I don’t have a clue how that would be done.

Really tired of all the Democrats and the Liberals and the gun haters getting all the press. The Republicans and the law-abiding gun owners must stand up and be heard but I don’t know if that’ll ever happen either.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Beyond absurd. To be BLUNT...The tool worked exactly as it was supposed to. What is to sue?

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
If this happens doesn't this set a president for people to sue auto makers or anyone else that has a product used in case of death resulting from the use of their product?
So the article states it is because of the way Remington marketed the gun. So all these car commercials showing the vehicle maneuvering at high speed opens them right up to the same...

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
The CT Supreme Court is allowing the plaintiffs to sue on "the single, limited theory that the defendants violated CT Unfair Trades Practices Act by 'marketing the XM15- E2S to civilians for criminal purposes,' and that those wrongful marketing tactics caused or contributed to the Sandy Hook massacre."

So the suit is no longer about what Remington manufactured, but how they marketed it. It claims that they marketed the rifle to people for criminal use. I think this is going to be a tough sell, since the gun was not even bought by the Sandy Hook perpetrator, but his mother, who was also killed by the perpetrator. There is no indication that the mother had a criminal intent.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
So the article states it is because of the way Remington marketed the gun. So all these car commercials showing the vehicle maneuvering at high speed opens them right up to the same...
Except all those commercials have a subtext: "Professional Driver, closed course, do not attempt." Lawyers wrote that, not marketers. I can see gun manufacturers putting warnings on all their materials, "Do not use for criminal purposes."

·
Registered
700 Posts
This is all part of the same vein of the commie reprobate mind share pervading this country:

At 1:38 - "Mr. Sloan, why was the bank involved in caging of children, and the financing of the caging of children to begin with?"

then she doubles down;

At 2:56 - "Since Wells Fargo financed the building of this pipeline in an environmentally unstable way, why shouldn't the bank be held responsible for the cleanup of the disasters of these projects?"

It would be comical if it weren't so serious. There is a complete lack of reason and logic, and adherence to accurate facts with the law makers and the judicial branches within our Federal, State and Local branches of government. It's all about emotion and "fairness".

The inmates truly are running the insane asylum now. The most sobering thought is that they are also in charge of the academic world in this country. They are busy teaching the next generation to not think just like them. One can let their mind run wild trying to anticipate the unintended consequences of such an illogical precedent being set.

Transform America, indeed...

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I guess his mother is not responsible for buying the weapon and not properly storing the weapon where he could not get his hands on it? Wow, sounds like a far reach to me. Who knows?

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
The CT Supreme Court is allowing the plaintiffs to sue on "the single, limited theory that the defendants violated CT Unfair Trades Practices Act by 'marketing the XM15- E2S to civilians for criminal purposes,' and that those wrongful marketing tactics caused or contributed to the Sandy Hook massacre."

So the suit is no longer about what Remington manufactured, but how they marketed it. It claims that they marketed the rifle to people for criminal use. I think this is going to be a tough sell, since the gun was not even bought by the Sandy Hook perpetrator, but his mother, who was also killed by the perpetrator. There is no indication that the mother had a criminal intent.
I seem to remember the mother had a connection to the FBI also.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

if they go down this path, Hollyweird with all the violent movies, and music videos celebrating gang thug culture about gun totin cop killin gangs should be targeted first by the left. That is blatant promotion and sensationalizing, glorifying death destruction by criminals.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
If the money of the wealthy, whether they be individuals or businesses, can't be stolen by taxes then it can be stolen with lawsuits. All part of the take from thee and give to me redistribute the wealth plan.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts