Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an opportunity to snag this fine example of craftsmanship from master pistolsmith and friend, Dave Severns of Severns Custom, and I couldn't pass it up. The 2009 model is the pinnacle of quality, and had some improvements that just solidify that position.
The checkering overruns that were present in years past, are now gone, two tone tritium sights now grace the top of the slide. Of course the incredibly tight fit that they're known for is apparent. Hard to go wrong with one of these. No MIM parts, heavy use of EB parts throughout, hand fitting, I tell ya, these are great.
My 2007 model will be shipped to Dave to get some customization to include the following:
Bead blast finish
Ambi safeties
Flush and crowned barrel
Possible changing of the sights to the two tone configuration (all of my carry weapons have that set up)
Honestly, a trigger job would be a waste of money on it, as the triggers on these is tuned to carry perfection at the DW compound.
Here are the pics!
Sarge

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Very nice looking weapon there Sarge. Should serve you well.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Looks like a sweet shooter there Sarge. Congrats!:smoke23:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Yes extremely nice

·
Super Moderator
22,131 Posts
Good looking' pistola, Sarge.

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
Now all you need is a nice looking set of grips for it. <~~~ :hand5: ~~~> :slap:

On a more serious note. Beautiful handgun. :yup: Congrats.

And....because somebody IS going to ask.

EB Parts are Ed Brown parts. - I jus' loves me them there Ed Brown parts.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
See, I KNEW he was charging too much for his grips! :image035:
Congrats Sarge!

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Nice! It makes my fingers itch!

Some day, some way.......

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Must have one...Must have one...Must have one...

Beautiful DW Sarge! I'm saving my pocket change for one. Should have it by next summer. :congrats:

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Been drooling over the DW classic bobtail for several years. Someday my dream will come true.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been drooling over the DW classic bobtail for several years. Someday my dream will come true.
Well, your wait may have paid off somewhat as I think they've reached the pinnacle now. I honestly don't think there are any more details to be worked out in later models. If there are some, I don't know what they'd be. The new models are as near perfect as I've ever seen a weapon be in just about every apsect - fit, finish, accuracy whatever. I think adding an alloy frame option, or a dark frame finish option to give options would be good, but the pistol itself is great!
Sarge

1 - 13 of 13 Posts