Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's just say that this is a shining example of being in the right place at the right time! Was looking for a Les Baer Monolith Commanche when the owner of this weapon walked in wanting to "get rid of it!". This was over the phone too, which makes it even better. :hand5:
Turns out this gentleman had never owned or shot a weapon before, but decided that he needed one. He asked around and then purchased what he was told was the pinnacle of carry weapons. He got it to the range, and lo and behold, found out that there's more to shooting than closing your eyes, pointing the bang stick in a general direction and holding it sidways. :rofl: Not only could he not hit the target, he decided he didn't like trying. Long story short, he wanted this weapon gone from his life. He knew full well what he had, and full well what he paid for it, but the price I got it for still makes me feel a little guilty.
What we have here is a Bill Wilson Carry with a born on date of July '09. This model is new to the Wilson Combat line in 2009. The original owner only fired a few rounds through it. This thing still had packing grease on it when it arrived at my FFL! Of course it had all the original paperwork, bag, magazines, EVERYTHING that comes with a new Wilson. He even had a DeSanti holster custom made for it that he sent along. (I'll be getting rid of it as I carry left, and it's a righty). Anyway, this is MY Christmas present for the next decade I think. Just flat out got lucky!
Of course I had to run out to the shop and make new grips for it. The high undercut and the way it's configured let me make a little scoop detail on the grips that I think is cool.
Anyway, enough typing, here are the pics!
Sarge

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful! :congrats:

I still can't get over what I paid for Lima's Wilson, it was an all out steal.

So will your Wilson be going back home for the addition of an ambi safety?
Probably so. I guess I'll send it to Wilson so the finish will match. I'm not ready to put it back in a box and send it off just yet though. Still in the "staring at it all the time" stage. :image035:
Sarge

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Now that is just puuurty! Don't feel too guilty about it. Some one dumb enough to let that get away from them deserves what he gets!

Thanks for sharing! Oh, and the grips aren't not bad either!:image035:

·
Administrator
143,832 Posts
Super nice.
A beautifully built firearm by WILSON.
They sure do build them right. :yup:

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I want one:smile:. Congrats on getting a great deal on a great gun.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Wow.

Nothing like being in the right place at the right time.

Very nice pistola!

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Very nice. Now what are you going to do with those CCO's? You know that Wilson is not going to live next to them. I know where one of them can move.

·
Super Moderator
22,139 Posts
Very nice Ryan, congratulations!. :congrats:

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I think I'm coveting your new pistol...beautiful grip work as well. Sweet!!!! Some guys have all the luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Really wish I could come across a great deal on a brand new Ed Brown or Wilson Combat. That's a great Christmas present for yourself :smile:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice Wilson and BEAUTIFUL grips!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Very nice

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
What a lucky find...you did well, Grasshopper.:yup::hand10: