Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my very own DW CCO yesterday. It's #34 and brand spanking new from the factory. This thing is VERY nice in it's fit and finish with attention having been paid to the details. I haven't shot it and won't have a chance to do so until next week, but from others that own one, it's a real tack driver. My other two DW's are as well, so this is no surprise.
For those who may not have heard of the CCO concept, it's a commander slide on an officer frame. The pics show the details, including the little 1/4" "bobtail" at the butt of the grip. I never really thought much of this, but in a side by side feel test with my Ultra Carry II, I have to say, I prefer the DW time after time for pure feel.
Chainlink texturing on the MSH and the frontstrap.
The only thing I changed is the grips and bushings. It came with full thickness grips, but this model just begs for slims, so I changed out the bushing and screws, and fit some snakewood thins to her. I think it's a beautiful overall package.
Sorry for the poorly lit pics.
Sarge

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Nice!!! And gorgeous grips, I wonder who makes those?:smile:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep... that's the one I've been wanting. I hope you continue to enjoy it, and please give us an update once you've had a chance to take it to the range.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!!! And gorgeous grips, I wonder who makes those?:smile:
I hear there's some gnarly old Army NCO who beats puppies with kittens making them in a shop behind his house somewhere in Kansas. Rumor has it that he hides under bridges and eats small lost children too, but that's just a rumor. :aaa: :blink:
Sarge

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Beautiful pistol. love the grips!! Is the DW a Made-in-USA weapon?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I'd like to see a Dan Wesson LW commander in the cerekote finish for 2010.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow! That's a beautiful thing to behold!

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Nice pistol Sarge, that's the next 1911 on my list. I think my TRP is going to have to go to make room for a DW CCO. I like the grips also.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You're killin me Sarge! My toy store here in KY just had a few. I had to pass (for now). Kids in college, salt water fishing trip in a week, wife on look-out for hidden new pistols...:king:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Very very nice indeed. Dan Wesson CCO (Concealed Carry Officer) and DW 1911's in general are one of the top semi-custon 1911's on the market. My Pointman 7 has been flawless for me.

For those who are not fimilar with the Dan Wesson 1911's you really need to be, outstanding quality and value.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fantastic wooden grips!!! Looks almost like tiger maple wood. Can I get them for my Kimber?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Hey, Sarge.

You wouldn't happen to make grips for P239's, would you?:image035:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry Patti. The 1911's are keeping me more than running. I really need to quit my day job. :smile:
I'm glad you guys like it and are maybe seeing one for the first time. If you get the chance to hold one in a shop, you really should take advantage of the opportunity. It will give you an appreciation for the quality of it.
Sarge

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I'm reading you loud and clear Sarge. But holding leads to wanting, wanting leads buying, etc. etc. etc......

But a set of nice grips are still on the list.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
A very nice selection...congrats!:bier:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts