Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking my CCW class Saturday. It has taken a long time to work things out time wise to take this class. I will be taking it at our local police academy. I can't wait to get this done. :banana:
Mike

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Good job Mike it will be nice to have another fellow Missourian packin.

Have you been to our CCW site yet? www.missouricarry.com

Check it out if you haven't.

Ti.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I visit MissouriCarry often. Posted a few times. Great site.
Mike

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
TIP: Don't rush your shots while qualifying at the Range. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I will let you all know how it goes when I get home tomorrow.
Mike

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Very best of luck Mike - hey - you'll walk it! :smilez:

Once that is done and dusted - onwards and get your CCW all finished up. Good to get this out the way - and get on with (armed) life :wink:

Look fwd to successful news tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Congrats Mike :biggrin2:

Don't fret or worry yourself about it or while you're there, just relax, obey the rules (the gun rules) and have fun.

Just a bit of advice, DON'T try to be "dead eye" and try to shoot perfect, you WILL screw up. Just relax and take your time shooting. Yeah, I know that time limits (if they have that there) can get on your nerves but don't worry about it and rush, just point your cannon down range and make holes in the paper. You'll have no problems.

Congrats again. I may have to drive all the way to Roseburg to get the required class time and training for my Utah permit but all in all it's all worth it (for the time being due to the laws).

Wayne

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm sure you'll do fine. In fact, your day will probably fly by! Good luck

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Great! We're pulling for you. Know you will do well. Be sure to post result as soon as you can.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't sweat the qualifying part. It's really pretty simple. I qualified with a POS Rossi revolver the college made me use that had the rear sight missing.

Don't be afraid to ask questions in the classroom!

·
Registered
257 Posts
BTW, for non-Missourians, qualifying here means being able to put 17 of 20 shots into a standard sihlouette target (any where in the profile part) at 7 yards with no time limit.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Congrats. have fun whith it.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Apparently there's no time limit during Range qualification. I quess he's still out there??:image035:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don't be like a buddy of mine who when told to shoot his first group, did a full body roll while running to the line, came up to a squat and screamed "Die commie Die!" as he fired.

Incredibly, he qualified and was given a CCW from Fresno County.

California = the land of fruits and nuts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts