Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I would trust Lee before this generic scale. The price while low, may also be indicative of quality. Lee has a proven track record.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. One more question, do you put the powder directly on the Lee or weigh it in another holder?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks for the reply. One more question, do you put the powder directly on the Lee or weigh it in another holder?

The Lee scale is a bean style scale and it comes with a pan that hooks on the end of the bean when weighing.

After you zero the scale with the pan attached you put the powder directly in the pan and weigh it.

It comes with good instructions, although I think you'll find it to be self explanatory.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Top Line Digital Scales
Personally, I still use an old style Texan powder scale. It is a beam scale as previously suggested.
it comes with a pan that hooks on the end of the beam when weighing.

After you zero the scale with the pan attached you put the powder directly in the pan and weigh it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I still use my Ohaus 10-10 (now sold in RCBS livery) that I've had for 30 years. I paid $59 for it. It's now $184.

My kids are getting me an RCBS digital for Christmas, though they don't know it yet. :image035:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The Lee scale is a bean style scale and it comes with a pan that hooks on the end of the bean when weighing.
Make that a BEAM style scale. :image035:

·
Registered
394 Posts
+1 on the Lee scale, Ive used mine to verify hundreds of loads form my Lee Perfect powder measure. Its very accurate.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I have a LEE scale, that's what I started with. It's a bit difficult to read sometimes and I kinda had doubts about its accuracy becuase it just seemed to be so cheaply made. So, I picked up a RCBS 502 real cheap ($25) on ebay and checked the Lee scale against it. The lee turned out to be every bit as accurate as the RCBS. I use the RCBS now though, because it is easier to read, but the Lee is a fine scale.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The Lee is a very accurate scale. I find a digital scale much easier to use esp. the tare function. You can pick up an inexpensive one for ~$30, as long as it measures in .1 grain (.01 is better) your golden.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I still use my Ohaus 10-10 (now sold in RCBS livery) that I've had for 30 years. I paid $59 for it. It's now $184.
Wow! I thought I had one of the last remaining dinosaurs! I love mine, though I need a magnifying glass to use it (progressive lenses).

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Wow! I thought I had one of the last remaining dinosaurs! I love mine, though I need a magnifying glass to use it (progressive lenses).
I have progressive lenses, too. Sometimes I just take them off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts