Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this is the right place for this. I just want to keep others from getting scammed.
This company is a scam! They scammed me on my order. I placed my order and they sent the holster out the same day...great! Or so you’d think. Two weeks later the holster shows up...the wrong holster. Wrong side, wrong model/style, wrong color and it smelled like a skunk. I have heard of leather smelling like a skunk before. A friend has a holster that does. I don’t own one like that.
Anyway, I contacted them the day it arrived, via email link on their site. No phone number available anywhere. Though you can see his house on line (google maps). Yep, works out of his home. Not necessarily a bad thing...unless you’re J&J leather store. So, after 11 days and six messages via email and Facebook messenger, I get this, “ Evening
Which site did you purchase on and what was the order #. and if you could attach a couple of pictures of the holster you received.
J&J”
So I provide all the info and pictures and explain that I’ve been trying to get in contact with them for several days. Well, that is where it ends. Except six more messages from me, asking them for resolution. Never got nasty, other than mentioning the smell. But I only asked about it, if it was normal.
First and only time I hear from them was 12 days ago. Sure, I got a holster, a completely useless holster. I filed a fraud complaint with my credit card bank. These people (person??) couldn’t care less about you, once you pay. Stay away!!! Stay away. His Facebook page has two positive reviews from two years ago. And now, one very negative one!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Forewarned is forearmed. Thanks for the effort of letting us know, Ceapea. Sorry you got a stinky deal, too.

Reactions: Ceapea

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, just trying to help. I just got a rip on another forum for posting this same info.
Oh well, it is getting to be a backwards country lately.

Reactions: NavCop

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Their prices are much too low.
That should be a tip-off.
You know, you would think so. But I have a few Don Hume, Gould (both made in USA) and others, compact belt slide holsters, that were all under $30! I’ve had them for years and have had no problems. I actually looked for those few brands for the Hellcat (my new pistol) but couldn’t find one made for the Cat. Mostly, I have DeSantis, Crossbread, Safariland, Galco and Kramer. And a few custom holsters from Rudy Lorenzo at Black Hills Leather.
And, the holster J&J sent, is actually pretty well made and looks very nice. Other than the weird smell and being the wrong side and color, it would make a pretty good holster. Reinforced leather and very sturdy. Not to be taken as a suggestion to purchase from them, however.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went back to his Facebook page. The two reviews from two years ago are gone, along with my review. Now, there are three 100% reviews within the last three months. Nice! This guy is a tricky bastich.
I added my own comment to each of those reviews. Now, I gotta let it go...no more wasting time on this punk.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Going only by what you wrote, I suggest that it is very likely that J&J Leather does not make what they sell.
Their stuff is made elsewhere (outside of the US), and imported for resale by J&J Leather.

Perhaps they shipped your holster according to the label on its packaging, which had been mislabelled after manufacture by the actual maker.

It is possible that J&J Leather's goods are manufactured in what used to be Yugoslavia, perhaps Slovenia, or maybe even Kosovo. I vaguely remember (from more than 40 years ago) that some Yugoslavian tannages smelled "skunky."

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
Going only by what you wrote, I suggest that it is very likely that J&J Leather does not make what they sell.
Their stuff is made elsewhere (outside of the US), and imported for resale by J&J Leather.

Perhaps they shipped your holster according to the label on its packaging, which had been mislabelled after manufacture by the actual maker.

It is possible that J&J Leather's goods are manufactured in what used to be Yugoslavia, perhaps Slovenia, or maybe even Kosovo. I vaguely remember (from more than 40 years ago) that some Yugoslavian tannages smelled "skunky."
I'm sure I'm the exception, as I ordered a holster from "Craft Holsters" out of Vegas. Their stuff comes out of Europe also. I figured for the price I paid, it would "only be mediocre" (under $70.00 shipped). I went with them because it was an unusual pistol (Redhawk 2 3/4" .41 mag) I wanted IWB. The FEW other options were "VERY pricey"! It DID take a while to get to me (BUT I asked for "shipment by turtle"). I could have sprung for expedited shipping (about $8.00-$12.00??). Man, "what a deal"! As good as any custom holster I've paid "north of $100.00" & waited 3+ months for. Redhawk in holster, propped up by a Security Six (it's replacement),

100_0083.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
I just stick to the tried and true holster guys like Nelson and Tucker Gun Leather. You will never have a bad experience.
I like Tucker! I got an IWB holster for my S&W 4" 629 from them. Good holster.

Reactions: KILTED COWBOY

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
I have disputed charges on my CC's a bunch.
As long as you keep papers and have a good reason (wrong product) you will eventually get a credit.
You must show that you advised merchant of error and he did nothing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also ordered a holster from J&Js. Product can in time I was told and seemed to be of good quality but wrong side. I contacted him several times with no response. Finally I contacted Amazon as I purchased it through them and they said they would take care of it, which they did. I don't know if they are scammers or not but they are very poor business people. Stay away.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure I'm the exception, as I ordered a holster from "Craft Holsters" out of Vegas. Their stuff comes out of Europe also. I figured for the price I paid, it would "only be mediocre" (under $70.00 shipped). I went with them because it was an unusual pistol (Redhawk 2 3/4" .41 mag) I wanted IWB. The FEW other options were "VERY pricey"! It DID take a while to get to me (BUT I asked for "shipment by turtle"). I could have sprung for expedited shipping (about $8.00-$12.00??). Man, "what a deal"! As good as any custom holster I've paid "north of $100.00" & waited 3+ months for. Redhawk in holster, propped up by a Security Six (it's replacement),

View attachment 332667
I too have purchased a few less expensive holsters, for a specific reason and received way more than I expected. Yours that you show, is exceptional! And to be completely fair, the holster that they sent me is actually very nice. Seems to be a quality holster. Maybe I’m the exception, as I have since found a site with dozens of positive reviews on their products and services . For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they refused to work me. I thought that I was being patient. I asked several times( more than 6) for help in resolving the matter. Nothing. I mean, they did ask, one time, what the problem was? That was after the first 5 attempts to contact them. Once they did respond and I answered their questions, never heard from them again in almost two weeks. I wanted to bring it to the attention of my bank before actually paying the bill. To this day, still no further contact from them.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
The belt loop strap's are "not quit as thick", as the one's on a Milt Sparks I purchased for my "Service XD .45 acp". But, at just about "twice the price", I'm not complaining! To "ANYONE" using "Craft Holsters", one note. Pay for the "expedited shipping"! I wasn't joking about "turtle slow". Waited about the same amount of time as my Sparks holster. I contacted them from concern. I "THINK" when they say shipped from Europe, they mean a ship leaves Europe & travels around Tierra Del Fuego to San Francisco. Then by "WELLS Fargo" stagecoach to Los Vegas. Shipped by post office (second worst method!) to my house!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I just received an IWB holster from J&J (ordered through Ebay) It was the correct handing and was quite well made. It doesn't work well for me; it rides too high and tilts outward at the top. I think it would work well for a slim body type (does not describe me). The holster took a few weeks getting to me, but the seller kept me informed of its status. The company may have some problems, but they appear to be trying.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I just received an IWB holster from J&J (ordered through Ebay) It was the correct handing and was quite well made. It doesn't work well for me; it rides too high and tilts outward at the top. I think it would work well for a slim body type (does not describe me). The holster took a few weeks getting to me, but the seller kept me informed of its status. The company may have some problems, but they appear to be trying.
Well, “trying” might be a stretch. Sounds like you got lucky and got what you ordered. The op didnt and there is no excuse for any company ignoring a customer problem, especially when they sent the wrong product to begin with. Thats not “trying”, thats crooked. Any business owner worth their salt should know a ticked off customer can do more to hurt your brand than 10 happy customers can do to help it. I have no patience for sub standard service. The OP is right to be angry and I am glad he shared his experience. Nobody should buy from this company, if they’ll do it to one, they’ll do it to others.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
greetings...

high percentage of holster peddlers are making mistakes... its difficult to have too many orders to handle with your current organization... so some are gonna have to invest in better ecommerce systems...

azj

·
Super Moderator
23,366 Posts
greetings...

high percentage of holster peddlers are making mistakes... its difficult to have too many orders to handle with your current organization... so some are gonna have to invest in better ecommerce systems...

azj
In all of my years of buying holsters, I never had a problem. There is no excuse for poor service. They need to dial back.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I made mistakes during my 30 years working in leather, the worst being a very carefully fitted pair of sandals...that ended up being made for two left feet.
But when I made an error, I was never too busy to immediately correct it, as a most important priority.

If you dissatisfy one customer, you actually lose more like 10 of them, present and future. Thus, if you do not correct your errors as a priority, you soon go out of business.

A business which refuses to address a customer's dissatisfaction, even if it's minor, ephemeral, or merely imaginary, is run by fools.

Reactions: OldVet
1 - 20 of 20 Posts