Defensive Carry banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,228 Posts
I wish I'd known it was on, I would have dusted off the tv and fired it up to watch that series. What ever happened to the sniper that shot the wife ? I know he was in the news again a short time later at Waco.
Not a darned thing happened to Lon Horiuchi. He has to live with the memory of murdering an innocent mother, Vicki Weaver, while she was holding her infant child and posing no threat to anyone. May he and his children's children bear that memory for a thousand years.

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
Not a darned thing happened to Lon Horiuchi. He has to live with the memory of murdering an innocent mother, Vicki Weaver, while she was holding her infant child and posing no threat to anyone. May he and his children's children bear that memory for a thousand years.
Col. Cooper held the same opinion . . . only a bit harsher!

·
Super Moderator
19,228 Posts
I watched it and it was very good. Learned a few new things from the show. What was amazing to me was shortly after we had the Waco siege. I guess some folks are just slow learners.
I assume you mean the .gov side? Feds had ample opportunity to arrest Koresh on his frequent trips into town. The whole debacle of putting the Branch Davidian compound under siege for 48 days had to have been a "we'll show THEM" move by the DOJ and FBI, and they paid dearly for their miscalculation. The wholesale destruction of evidence by the Feds immediately after the fire is ample reason to distrust anything recorded by them about the history of the event.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I lived in Spokane at the time that went down, about 45 minutes away. The local media coverage was extensive. Government alphabet agency goat-roping competition at its best, only to try to outdo itself shortly thereafter at Waco.
Always wondered if Waco was an attempt to bolster the FBI's image and deflect from the Ruby Ridge fiasco?

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
Always wondered if Waco was an attempt to bolster the FBI's image and deflect from the Ruby Ridge fiasco?
If so, a poorly thought out attempt.

·
Super Moderator
21,909 Posts
It was an attempt to bolster the image of the BATFE (that's why they had the camera crew with them from the start), which failed miserably, and they in turn called on the FBI to pull their fat out of the fire.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It was an attempt to bolster the image of the BATFE (that's why they had the camera crew with them from the start), which failed miserably, and they in turn called on the FBI to pull their fat out of the fire.
Yea, the FBI was called in to BATF's fat out of the fire, and look at the bonfire they started!

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
Who, in turn, poured gas onto the fire. No pun intended.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Anyone been watching the 3 part special on FoxNews about Weaver and the Ruby Ridge fiasco?
It finished up last night with the aftermath and the legalities.
All in all it was not bad.
If you saw it what did you think?
I had forgotten what a character the lead defense attorney Gerry Spence was.
He did put on a brilliant defense, although the governments actions were so not defensible it was easy.
What I took away from this is that the FBI still has not learned it's lesson from 1992.
They were destroying documents, cover-ups and bad characters in the higher ups giving the orders.
Seemed eerily similar to what has been happening today.
Yes...Very good...I watched the Unabomber story as well

·
Banned
210 Posts
I really hate to admit this however as a side job I worked for Thoroughbred Inc. which represented a number of companies one of which was a nationally known body armor manufacturer. I was the guy selling body armor to the ATF in Houston, TX that was responsible for the raid on Waco. I knew the two men that planned that raid and I personally did not think much of them. I heard things from "some" about what happened I am not going to repeat. If you remember they were at first "in essence fired" and then later re-instated. I know for a fact those two implied implicating superiors if they were not re-instated. I know NO details but what I have stated here. What was told me in confidence made me EXTREMELY angry and I resigned my part-time position. How I seem to keep being at the wrong place at the wrong time is beyond me; first in the Army and then in civilian life when all I was trying to do was my job.

It was just another reason I withdrew from American Society.

"We are the US Government and we are here to help you." Some of the most scary words you will ever hear.

·
Banned
42 Posts
This was all about ushering in the globalist agenda by shoving a "kinder, gentler nation" down our throats after a campaign to "stay the course". We also got the Gun Free School Zones Act, a broken promise on taxes, a Pandora's box full of unintended consequences in the Middle East, a third party candidate and a Clinton presidency that was opposed by 57% (38% for Bush and 19% for Perot) of the electorate.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I really hate to admit this however as a side job I worked for Thoroughbred Inc. which represented a number of companies one of which was a nationally known body armor manufacturer. I was the guy selling body armor to the ATF in Houston, TX that was responsible for the raid on Waco. I knew the two men that planned that raid and I personally did not think much of them. I heard things from "some" about what happened I am not going to repeat. If you remember they were at first "in essence fired" and then later re-instated. I know for a fact those two implied implicating superiors if they were not re-instated. I know NO details but what I have stated here. What was told me in confidence made me EXTREMELY angry and I resigned my part-time position. How I seem to keep being at the wrong place at the wrong time is beyond me; first in the Army and then in civilian life when all I was trying to do was my job.

It was just another reason I withdrew from American Society.

"We are the US Government and we are here to help you." Some of the most scary words you will ever hear.
Perhaps you were not "in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Perhaps you were there so that you could bear witness to the horrible malfeasance that was infecting our FBI and Government.

Perhaps you should write a book.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Perhaps you were not "in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Perhaps you were there so that you could bear witness to the horrible malfeasance that was infecting our FBI and Government.

Perhaps you should write a book.
You are too kind however I am far too jaded and it would stir up far too many demons I spent too many years burying as deep as I could get them. I have been called a liar too many times in my lifetime by people that know better, to wake that type of sleeping dog. I've had people I was close to suddenly die under "mysterious circumstances" that were never "solved". No, if those responsible for enforcing the LAW wanted it out they already have the information. That says all that needs said to me.

Is anyone watching the series now running on Project Blue Book?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts